Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone lived in London through Global Work and Travel?

Has anyone gone to London with the GLobal Work and Travel Company?

What suburb were you placed in? I want to know what the accomodations and surrouding areas are like.... they don't really specify where you will be living, you just know that it is around Zone 3- which could be in any direction!!

So any info would be great, thanks guys!

Unregistered

Don't use global!

I used global work and travel Co. to get them to place me a job in Canada. These guys are a scam. They promise you the world and give you nothing. They are useless. I hope you haven't forked out any money to them yet. There is nothing they do, that you can't do yourself. I learnt this the hard way. I was so pissed off and frustrated by Global Work and Travel Co.

Unregistered
    i have to agree i did the same with that useless company and im on the verge of bringing them down

Unregistered

Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I used global work and travel Co. to get them to place me a job in Canada. These guys are a scam. They promise you the world and give you nothing. They are useless. I hope you haven't forked out any money to them yet. There is nothing they do, that you can't do yourself. I learnt this the hard way. I was so pissed off and frustrated by Global Work and Travel Co.
    same here, we paid them about 4000 each and all we got was 5 nights accommodation in a backpacker hotel (shared dorm BTW) and our flights (which we paid for anyway). They promise work positions and interviews, but they only forwarded our resume to places when we finally got to Canada, and went in to see what the hell was up. Just research what to do (visa, tickets and accommodation) and do it all yourself. Don't give them your money!!

Unregistered
    Beware! They will charge thousands for nothing!!
    Most good blogs are employees pretending they are customers!

Unregistered
    Dont use them there are much better companies that are cheaper and will do as they promise Global work will harass you for money charge you a fortune and you won't end up with a job at the end of it

Unregistered
    They do not have accommodation in London the suppliers will not work with them anymore.
    Try the gumtree, roomshare of the working holiday club, they part own the accommodation in London,

Unregistered
    Definitely do not use working holiday club!! My biggest waste of money ever! They don't even do anything for you, they use a company called egoli in london that's free to register with online and get housing and job assistance. I met quite a few others that were staying in the hostel there who had come from other agencies and some direct, and everyone had paid less than i had and the ones that came direct didn't pay anything! Google egoli accommodation and go direct, definitely don't waste your time with working holiday club.

Unregistered
    Dear bloggers
    My name is Natalie Broomfield, the MD of the Working Holiday Club ltd, I want to respond to the above comments made by 2 unregister people, firstly, its best to identify yourself if you have genuine concern about a company and their products. I do not believe the above person is genuine, nerveless I will respond in care of readers on this blob
    I will begin explain the partnership THWC have with Egoli, we pre book and pay for beds thought London on an annual basis, so that we are able to offer the GAURANTEEE. You are welcome to register free of charge, however walk ins and other alleged cheaper agencies applicants have been known to wait as long as 3-4 weeks to get a spot. With the Olympics fast approaching, as it stands today, Egoli is almost 100% fully booked with TWHC clients and anyone that has booked with us will get spot
    We also offer a job GUARANTEE insurance for work, this means that if you are not working within a specific timeframe we pay you until your shift start, yes you can register free of charge once again, but as a walk in you will go on a waiting list. All TWHC applicants have a job guarantee insurance as part of their package, you get VIP placements (shifts are allocated around your travel plans and sightseeing days off)
    Some of you might feel you do not need a job guarantee (call me today and I will help you with a smaller package ), others you may feel it more important to have the guarantee expecailly if you have cash flow concerns or perhaps you have lack of work experience. TWHC help thousands of school leavers with their first job abroad with our pre departure job guarantee and insurance. Once you are in the UK, no job guarantee can be offered, just a waiting list for spots.
    Be mindful of the advice form the unregister person above (alleged applicants of TWHC), if you are confidant travellers and you have sufficient cash flow then you do not require TWHC services, however you are would prefer to have job in the bag, and shared house to move into at limited cost and as VIP client, then you need to talk to us
    So why go with TWHC….
    • You are covered with money back guarantee
    • You are interviewed and offered job before you leave (no waiting list)
    • Your accommodation is offered on VIP basis TWHC first, walk in and other agencies last
    • You get VISA guarantee service with us ( we do it for you)
    • You get pre departure admin interviews for admin jobs ( experience is essential for this part)
    • We have our own TWHC team member on site in the office from 9am to 5:30 to help and advice you on living and working in London
    • TWHC packages are endorsed by large travel agencies and have been sold as premium relocation service for the last 4 years. I also have some really nice industry references for Brand managers of Flight Centre and Student Flights if anyone wants to look see!
    Other good agencies to look at for live in jobs and internships
    • London pub company offer a great live in pub package and TWHC recommend their services if you want alive in job. They are great company ask for Mark he is supa clued up.
    • Global work and Travel offer fantastic internship packages to USA and Canada you should have a peep at those.
    • Real gap offer great volunteering packages TWHC recommend them highly
    • CCUSA have great summer camps and in my opinion the industry leader for USA sponsorship leaders
    I hope this helps
    Please feel free to contact me 047173605377

Natalie Broomfield

Unregistered
    Dear bloggers
    My name is Natalie Broomfield, the MD of the Working Holiday Club ltd, I want to respond to the above comments made by 2 unregistered people. Firstly, its best to identify yourself if you have a genuine concern about a company and their products. I do not believe the above person is genuine, but I will respond in care of readers on this blog
    I will clafiry the partnership between THWC and Egoli. We pre book and pay for beds throughout London on an annual basis, so that we are able to offer the accommodation GUARANTEEE. You are welcome to register free of charge, however walk ins and other alleged cheaper agencies applicants have been known to wait as long as 3-4 weeks to get a spot. With the Olympics fast approaching, as it stands today, Egoli is almost 100% fully booked with TWHC clients and anyone that has booked with us is GUARANTEED to get a bed
    We also offer a job GUARANTEE insurance for work, this means that if you are not working within a specific timeframe we pay you until your shift start. Yes, you can register free of charge once again, but as a walk in you will go on a waiting list. All TWHC applicants have a job guarantee insurance as part of their package as well as VIP placements (shifts are allocated around your travel plans and sightseeing days off)
    Some of you might feel you do not need a job guarantee (call me today and I will help you with a smaller package ), others may feel it is more important to have the guarantee especially if you have cash flow concerns or limited work experience. TWHC helps thousands of school leavers with their first job abroad with our pre departure job guarantee and insurance. Once you are in the UK, no job guarantee can be offered, just a waiting list for spots.
    Be mindful of the advice form the unregistered person above (alleged applicants of TWHC), if you are confident travellers and you have sufficient cash flow then you do not require TWHC services, however if you would prefer to have job in the bag, and a shared house to move into at limited cost as VIP client, then you need to talk to us
    So why go with TWHC….
    • You are covered with money back guarantee
    • You are interviewed and offered a job before you leave (no waiting list)
    • Your accommodation is offered on VIP basis TWHC first, walk in and other agencies last
    • You get VISA guarantee service with us (we do it for you)
    • You get pre departure admin interviews for admin jobs (experience is essential for this part)
    • We have our own TWHC team member on site in the office from 9am to 5:30 to help and advice you on living and working in London
    • TWHC packages are endorsed by large travel agencies and have been sold as premium relocation service for the last 4 years. I also have many positive industry references from Brand Managers of Flight Centre and Student Flights highly endorsing TWHC

Other good agencies to look at for live in jobs and internships

• London pub company offer a great live in pub package and TWHC recommend their services if you want alive in job. They are great company ask for Mark he is supa clued up.
    • Global work and Travel offer fantastic internship packages to USA and Canada you should have a peep at those.
    • Real gap offer great volunteering packages TWHC recommend them highly
    • CCUSA have great summer camps and in my opinion the industry leader for USA sponsorship leaders
    I hope this helps
    Please feel free to contact me 047173605377

Natalie Broomfield
    0417305377[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast