Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Unregistered
    Bloggers, please read the blog below, seems we posted an unedited version

Unregistered
    ^ Do not sign up for this!

I have a friend who signed up a few days ago (paid $600) found out she couldn’t afford all the costs and has been told that not only does she not get her $600 back but she is required to pay a further $900 to be entirely removed from the program. What an absolute rip off.

I have never heard a genuine good story from this 'company'. Just Google their name and as you type it Google suggests the word 'complaints' at the end. They were also on Today Tonight.

(Also, read the above post from the MD, look at the unprofessional spelling mistakes and is what on Earth is the first mobile number she supplied? WAY more digits than the second. Professionalism high-5!)

Unregistered
    Do NOT use The Global Work and Travel Company situated in Main Beach Queensland. They promise you the world and do not deliver after relieving you of your hard earned cash. You can visit the countries they offer to help you in yourself and get your own position as my son had to do after being shafted by this company. They also state they will refund your money if they do not get you a job, what a laugh!! My advice to all young people is STAY AWAY FROM THEM. If you check out their facebook page you will see there are no negative comments. Most businesses have at least one unhappy customer so this is UNBELIEVABLE!! Maybe they delete any negatives????? Food for thought!!

Unregistered
    I have worked for global work and travel - the worst experience of my life. They are a small family owned company and complete scum. Yes it is a rip off...you get nothing from them you could not get yourself...oh..but doing it yourself you might have a few extra k in your pocket!!

Unregistered
    does anyone know what volunteering with global work and travel co. is like? everyone posts bad stuff about their working arrangements etc but nothing to do with their volunteering services?

Unregistered
    Better off going direct with any volunteer program, GWAT will charge you the earth and pocket all the money themselves! There are many reputable volunteer programs and companies available for overseas volunteer programs and GWAT is NOT one of them : (

Unregistered
    The biggest rip off company ever!!!! Using their travel agency to charge THOUSANDS of dollars for NOTHING!!! They will take your money and leave you high and dry overseas with NO SUPPORT! NO Job and NOTHING to show for your thousands of dollars paid to this SCAM company!

Unregistered
    Blame ASIC ACCC office of fair trading for not protecting consumers. Badger the hell out of these organizations and your local mp force them to act! If you have paid by credit card you may have right to claim charge back - check with your bank and don't accept no just because that is the easiest or most convenient answer, if you need to, lodge a complaint with the banking ombudsman

Unregistered
    I am have just inquired about this company, and luckily I decided to check out the reviews before any money was spent. From what I see, not just from this blog but from the other 6 blogs and websites I have looked at, I will not be using Global Work and Travel Co. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences looks like I'll be researching my own jobs over there and booking flights! YAY going to London!

Unregistered

Global Work and Travel ARE SCAM ARTISTS

Global work and travel are total scam artists. My son and friends lost thousands, NO JOB, NO ACCOMODATION and the 2nd poster is right. Any good reviews are from them trailing the blog sites trying to undo any bad publicity. Please go to the ACCC or tv stations. We are currently filing an official complaint. Can't anyone stop our poor kids from getting ripped off on what was meant to be a fantastic time of their life. Global work and travel should be ashamed of themselves, if you are reading this, how do you sleep at night?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast