What's your favorite music genre?

CMT

Mar 23, 2008
what's the genre of music that you like the best. Also, wich one do you think is the best............and whyI have listened to all(not all really) different kinds of music and iv'e enjoyed them all, but i agree(with my self) that the best genre is heavy metal(the old one), it's loud, melodic, emotional and complicated, whenever it needs to be. Other genre's, let's say older pop wich could be even the Beatles, it's ok, but newer pop(I haven't really listened to many newer pop, so I may be generalizing) its based on catchy tunes and nothing else, making you while you listen to it feel that it somehow it's showing some emotion, but after listening to something else, it becomes pointless. other genres like jass or blues are really good, I personally like blues a lot. I just wanted to go trhu these genre's, sorry for making it so long(I think) but anyways, thankyou for reading(if you did), and well...answer.(and yeah I know, to much "( )")

pop is the one I listen to mostany sub genre of rock (except nu-metal) is my favoriteedit: I like heavy metal. My favorite sub genre would probably be gothic or horror punk and some post-hardcore. The Beatles are too poppy for me.

death metal or classical..both are extremes with advanced melodies and rhythms and give off strong emotional vibes.

i like pretty much all types of rock i agree about the pop thing i love old pop like the Beatles and all of the groups for the 60s but i hate new pop. and i love blues to they are great to help you to relax and they are just really good songs. and only heavy metal from like the 60s to the early 80s is good the rest is kind of mainly like hair metal. but i mainly listen to screamo or just rock.

Folk Metal, Melodic Death Metal, and to a lesser extent Thrash Metal, Black Metal, Power Metal, Industrial Metal and Classical. I love the more melodic side of heavy metal, and I can't stand pop music, rock, country or the blues. However, Classical isn't that bad at all, and I can actually enjoy it at times.

Back