Why should Obama be nominated when the polls show Hillary doing better against McCain?

Mar 19, 2008
Why should Obama be nominated when the polls show Hillary doing better against McCain?

Linkhttp://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_pollcCain leads Barack Obama 50% to 41% and Hillary Clinton 48% to 43%

That's not true.

I thought polls didnt mean anything? hyprocrits...

The polls show Obama is ahead of Hillary by only 3 points. I know because I was looking at the polls not even 2 hours ago.

A few polls JUST RECENTLY started showing that Hillary does better against John McCain. Were you asking why Clinton should be nominated when Barack was beating McCain in most the polls?Wait a little while longer and watch what happens.

Why should Hillary further divide the democratic party, thus allowing McCain to gain ground in said polls, by staying in the race when she is clearly losing?

Actually it is true. Obama is losing by an average 1.3 points while Hillary is barely losing by .3. It might not sound like much but these are big averages considering Obama is leading in delegates and popular vote. Go to real clear politics polls. The superdelegates should obviously not jump to Obama because he will certainly not win the GE. I am not biased because I am NOT a Clinton supporter.

....... which inaccurate polls are you citing? Those polls are wrong. The latest polls ( as of 3/26) show Obama still beating the OLD GUY......

I like hillary and im all for her but the fact of the matter is that she is not winning its obama thats ahead and none of this points will matter at all till the primarys so just wait and see what happens

Things can change quickly in politics; there is more to find out about Obama.......and when the layers of his past begin peeling back, Hillary will be waiting in the wings to go against McCain.

Great idea. And, when the polls shift next week, should we bounce the nomination back to Obama?Obama should be nominated because he has the lead in POPULAR VOTES and PLEDGE DELEGATES. That's the measure of a front runner. Not some random metric the Clinton campaign makes up!You realize the margin of error is 3%, right?Obama 2008

He shouldn't be nominated. Hillary has the best chance against McCain. If people do not want more of the same (100 yrs war) then the remaining states need to support Hillary.

Well politics and people react to situations. If the poll can be done today you will find a very different thing any way, the reason why Hillary must not be nominated is: 1. She had all the advantages to have won the nomination longtime ago given her obvious advantage with the party establishment, and the fact that in the beginning of the primary season everybody knew who she was.2 She has the best team on her side and she had 3.good funding advantage to Obama. With all those advantages she is still trailing Obama among democrats she is trailing Obama three points. And she will continue to trail him.

becaus Billary is not doing better against McCain. OOPs i mean HILLARY

Back