Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Horton Hears a Who?

Many religious people are claiming that Dr. Suess wrote that book as an anti-abortion campaign and they are using it to justify thier points ("A person is a person not mater how small"). Yet The Suess' made it clear the Dr's books were never to be used for anything political. Is this a symbol of the corruption of the church or the desperation of people? Why would someone take a childrens book and turn it against the people who read it and make it something associated with guilt and politics?I was listening to Nation Public Radio and I heard an interview with Dr Suess' wife who said she was appalled her late husbands work was bineg minipulated in such a way.

ihrtshchr

Horton Hears a Who?

Because it's easy to turn something good into something bad.

Downloads
    Uploads

Horton Hears a Who?

When did Dr. Seuss say that " never to be used for anything political" dreck.Yertle the turtle, for example, is about Hitler.Seuss was a political cartoonist. http://www.cnn.com/books/news/9910/17/dr.seuss.war/index.htmlMind you, I don't agree with the silliness of using this in the abortion debate, but he was political.

Downloads
    Uploads

Horton Hears a Who?

Cute movie otherwise I don't have a clue and had never thought of it as an anti-abortion plot until you mentioned it. Although it does make sense.By the wayThe Lorax is very political and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see more of it since everyone is going green.

ignorancegawdess

Horton Hears a Who?

It has the unmistakably hollow sound of bottoms of barrels being scraped...

iggy

Horton Hears a Who?

Some people are over analytical and bored!

igas_headquarters

Horton Hears a Who?

Well put. But did Suess really not have an agenda? After all if people kept getting abortions. Who would have bought his books?

Downloads
    Uploads

Horton Hears a Who?

Sometimes a childrens book is just a childrens book. It certainly makes Horton a heroic figure and teaches kids about determination, faithfulness and responsibility. I just leave it at that.

iknowball

Horton Hears a Who?

Oh poop...there goes another idea for my rally...Why can't people just take entertainment for what it is...a mindless activity that brings us some break from the trials of this life...And I'm surprised at you for wasting time out of your life looking at the drivel of obviously obsessive compulsive ego maniacs hiding behind the cloak of Christianity...

ii LOVE HiiM

Horton Hears a Who?

Dr. Seuss was a political cartoonist far before he was a children's author. I bought a book of his political cartoons for my father two Christmases ago.As for the Horton Hears a Who issue, I think it may be that some on the religious right are grasping at straws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast