...He just wants to sleep a lot? I know this is long, but I need to get it out. So my boyfriend just got home to Scott AFB, IL a week and a half ago from a 6 and a half month deployment to Afghanistan. He's an Airman in the Air Force and is a Security Policeman. He's 24 and I'm 22. Ever since he's been back, all he seems to do is want to sleep all the time and he doesn't show any interest in me anymore. He comes home from work and just collapses on the couch like he has no energy left in him. He usually doesn't even have the energy to change clothes, he'll just fall asleep on the couch in his BDU uniform for several hours. When I try to wake him up, he just yells at me and tells me to give him a break because he's so drained and had a long day. He tells me the whole time he was in Afghanistan he hardly got any sleep because he was constantly on security patrol duty around the base perimeter or something like that and he wasn't able to sleep very good. Now that he's back home he's been assigned to working guard duty on the Main Gate for the base here. He just complains that he's so mentally and physically drained, wtf? He also is constantly walking around yawning, half asleep, and groggy like he's a zombie or something.

I try asking him about some of the things he saw on his deployment and he just doesn't want to talk about it. I mean its not like he's in the Army or the Marines and saw a lot of combat, like I said, he's just a Security Policeman in the Air Force, it's not like they see a lot of combat anyway right? I just don't understand why he doesn't seem interested in me or anything else, he just wants to sleep all the time and complain that he's tired.

I love him to death, we've been together for 3 years and we've got a lot of history together, but ever since he got back he's changed. I just wish he'd be the way he was before the deployment and show some interest in me and act like a nice guy again instead of being so fatigued and touchy about everything. Sometimes when I talked to him on the phone when he was there, he sounded like he was getting choked up and just wanted to cry, I could hear it in his voice. That broke me apart. I understand he needs time to readjust, but we've been apart for 6 and a half months. He could have the decency to at least give me some intimate attention. That isn't too much to ask for. I don't like it when he is too tired to be intimate with me. He's been home for nearly 2 weeks now, he should be fully rested by now. I want my Airman back the way he used to be before this deployment, I don't like how its changed him. What should I do?