Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you agree with Concord Coalition economist Diane Rogers that tax cuts are NOT

the way to fix the economy? http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/09/21/rogers.tax.cut/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_politics

She calls for "alternative forms of fiscal stimulus" to satisfy the "three Ts" in being "timely, targeted and temporary" using more gov't stimulus.

Apparently, she thinks the gov't knows best where our money should go rather than we the people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like one half of climatologists in the US, one half of the economists have their heads up their own butts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would rather see debt resolved by killing off credit card debt for buyers/consumers by reducing credit interest to a flat low. I would rather see the R&D tax lifted anbanking required if they took fiscal government/citizen money to be obliged to create loans for middle business. I would rather see small banking get a lift from government to expand loans to small business. People need to pay taxes not cut taxes so services are paid for and debt is helped reduced. I would rather see outsourcing taxed more on products non medical related. I would rather see this President economic advisorys/felons changed and a signal sent to this economy there is real economic change coming. People need jobs and tax cuts don't create jobs, business creates jobs and consumers buy when they have good credit and cash not debt. I guess my short answer is no.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i say we blindly throw money at it and it will go away, like the crappy teachers unions. we spend twice as much as any country but we still keep falling further behind. hers is a minority opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Couldn't agree more~!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, you're right cutting taxes will miraculously create 70 million jobs pulled right out of an imaginary economic anus.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, saying all tax INCREASES are bad is painting a very complex issue into black and white thinking, and I hate that. Raising taxes on the top 2% will most likely have no negative effects on the economy.

Plus we need more stimulus. The first one was too small.