Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yuck. My wife has been plotting a divorce! Is this a fair deal?

I know it's wrong, but considering that I had received compromising photos of my wife with another man (a part-time, Walmart-style security guard), I went on her laptop today after she left for work at her law office. She normally brings it with her.The password was easy, Esquire666, which she has been using since law school, and there really wasn't much on there, just a bunch of hastily written legal drafts. But one caught my eye, simply titled "divorce agreement." She doesn’t do family law.It's written in my wife's usual sloppy style with her typical misspellings (using "their" instead of "there," for example), but in essence it gives me the children from 8 a.m. on Monday to 6 p.m. on Friday, except for holidays and during my wife's vacation time. It allows us each to keep our own incomes (she earned 0k last year; me k). She gets the house (0k) and I get the studio with loft next door (0k). It claims no fault for the divorce and does not provide for an au pair.Essentially, this agreement turns ME into the au pair. My wife works pretty much 12 hours a day Monday through Thursday, and barely sees the kids during that time anyway, and her work week ends on Friday at about 6 p.m. She gets about a month’s worth of vacation time a year, so she would get the kids during that time along with weekends and holidays, while I do all the schlepping of the kids to school and helping with homework, etc. Our savings would be split 75/25 in her favor.Who knows? This could just be a wild fantasy of my wife’s, and when she’s home we’re still intimate, though her wants in the bedroom have become stranger. On weekends, she’s quite normal acting. But I guess I need to be prepared should she slap this on me some time, and I’d hate to have a long and protracted divorce. I haven’t decided if I’m happy or not in my marriage, but I guess I need to decide soon.Does her plan sound reasonable?I normally make a good amount more than k. Last year was a bad year, but I have ventured into six figures in the past. We're in Florida. Don't forget, she's a lawyer and knows ever judge in these parts. Except for the 75/25 savings, it doesn't sound like a horrible deal, though I would miss the family vacations.

Downloads
    Uploads

If this is true, call an attorney.But, I personally think that you are making it up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fire.Fire solves everything.

Downloads
    Uploads

See an attorney and you will get a much larger settlement than she is planning if she has in fact been cheating

Downloads
    Uploads

I like how at the beginning of your question, you said "yuck". Sorry about the divorce. Milk her for whatever she's got.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow this is a rough one. Maybe you should just confront her about it. I mean I guess this happens when things are done behind someone's back. Talk about it and what she has done was wrong having an affair is not right. I don't agree with things like that. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Why would you want to stay with someone who hooked up with any wal-mart employee?take the loft and kids and get the hell outta there.

Junior Member ttDaT_tAYloR_mAdE_GurLtt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

She could write all the crap she wants, it doesn't mean that's what the judge will decide. She'll need something drafted by a divorce attorney.

Downloads
    Uploads

Beat her at her own game now that you seen it be prepared and think of what you want

Downloads
    Uploads

take the studio and sell it then get your own place. better yet print it off and take it to your own lawyer and beat her at her own game

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast