Did I 'Have a lucid dream' or 'Dreamt that I had a lucid dream'?

DamienBamsey

Sep 16, 2010
I've been trying to achieve a lucid dream but it's only been the 3 night of trying and I had a weird experience last night. I don't know if it was a lucid dream because it was like everyone described and felt real but then when I woke up I felt disappointed and felt that I didn't have one after all because it just seemed like another dream then. It was if I dreamt that I achieved my lucid dream but then maybe I did? Here's what happened...

I spent yesterday concentrating on reality checks by checking my watch twice and checking I can see my reflection in the mirror. When I went to sleep I told myself to realise I was dreaming and the first thing I wanted to imagine was a scene in a book I'm writing which was at a house at night. Throughout the night I had lots of dreams but remember getting frustrated that I couldn't remember my dreams in details. Then suddenly I dreamt of a dark corridor and felt scared so I thought "wait this could be just a dream". So I checked the random clock on the wall and it read 10pm then I looked back and it was 11pm. So I imagined turning the lights on and it happened! I was suddenly in a kitchen and i checked the mirror to find a blurred reflection. I then got over excited and told myself to calm down before waking up. Everything suddenly felt so real and I quickly told myself to do something before it was too late so I threw a plate on a table and imagined it not braking. It just bounced across the room. Then I remember doing all sorts of magic things and at the time it felt like it lasted ages but I can't remember much! But I do remember everything turning into a musical and I imagined a cat. Really random stuff.
After that I remembered I wanted to imagine the scene in my book and then I suddenly appeared there. However some things were there that I didn't want to imagine even though at the time it felt like they should be there. A character from the book was there but he didn't look anything like how I normally imagine and it freaked me out a bit so I woke up.
When I woke up I felt like the whole thing was just another dream and felt dissapointed :/ it was as if I'd only dreamt that I'd had one. That's because it felt a bit too random because the last thing I would have chosen to imagine was a cat and a musical! I don't know why I wanted that in my dream at all! And with the mirror thing...did I only see the blurred reflection because I'd been expecting to see a blurred reflection? I'm a bit confused and would like the opinion of a lucid dreamer. Maybe I was only have parts of a lucid dream? :/

Back