Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it better to sign up with YMCA or La Fitness for a gym membership?

YMCA says it's $31 a month and no joining fee during their promotion... LA Fitness said either pay $99 initiation fee and $29/month, or $0 initiation fee and $39 a month. You can quit La Fitness anytime but YMCA has a 1 year contract.

I'm not really sure which would be better. Both have pools, but I think Ymca's pool is better but probably has more kids there splashing around. I hear bad things about LA Fitness but its like 1 minute from my house. Any suggestions as to which one i should pick?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have LA Fitness membership and really enjoy it. I used to have YMCA a long time ago. I think YMCA is more 'family' oriented and normally have a lot of kids inside... where on the other side LA Fitness is more 'adult' oriented and have better equipments for my needs.
    Custom Web & Graphic Design
    www.besthelpcrew.com

Scotty1204
    Hello.

I am a member of the Y (MCA) and I prefer it over LA Fitness because they offer so many community programs for people of all ages. And for the record, there are no contracts for joining. They also offer scholarships for persons in financial need. They post their membership rates on their site so the rates are consistent and there are no tricks. Some clubs offer different rates for different members of the same financial/family composition so some people pay more than others if they don't negotiate the best rate.The Y is a great family facility.

Scotty

Unregistered
    LA Fitness is better and it's a lot less crowded than the Y. IMO