Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How much nicotine is in roll your own tobacco?

I've been talking about quitting for a while but now feel the time is right and have made a plan. My plan is to switch from my usual cigs (Marlboro medium 100's) to gambler menthol roll your owns, which I have already began. But once I have completely switched i would like to start on nicotine patches. My only concern is, will I be putting more nicotine with the patches vs. roll your owns?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That really depends on how much you put in the roll...

Anyways, even if you were putting more in it doesn't really matter. Part of quitting is getting rid of the habit of putting the cigarette in and out of your mouth, it sounds stupid but that becomes addicting too and patches are a good way of combating that aspect. Also, there are other parts in cigarettes that harm your body that patches do not contain and so they are better for you in that way too ^_^

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's about .7 mg of nicotine in a roll up with thin filter tips but the exact amount is hard to determine as people use different amounts of tobacco.

Unregistered

Gun It wont work

Hello, I am wondering about an update with your technique. To find information on this you really need to look to Europe, where more rollers are located and more tests are performed.
    Check out this link. Roll your own cigarettes are not the safer option

There are some slick campaigns by companies like Bugler who post home-made looking websites in which the fictitious author claims that smoking rollies helps them smoke less.
    These are pirate marketing techniques. Do Not Believe it. In fact, the pages start out alot like your post did.

From my own experience this is not a good idea. I live in NYC and started smoking roll your owns when packs went up to 12:50. I only began smoking more, as you begin to raise your nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide levels quickly. I had smoked for twenty years, and though I had from time to time smoked rollies, when I made the full time switch, within two months had serious problems breathing that I had never had before. This eventually forced me to take a serious look at myself and quit for good. I used a patch and chewed regular gum, for the oral fixation.

Anyone who happens upon this post, lets see if we get a response or update. No response means this is someone from employing gorilla marketing techniques. If it is not, I apologize to the poster, and hope you take my advise.
    All cigarettes are going to kill you sooner or later. I loved them. I miss them. But I will not go back. Why die for a big corporations greed?