(BA points!!) I'm about to receive A LOT of eggs; any dish recommendations?

Meeska

Sep 11, 2010
My neighbor is about to start giving me fresh eggs--today we're receiving 36! Does anyone have any dishes they can recommend that I make in order to use all these eggs quickly? I was thinking quiche, but I can't think of another dish that uses a lot of eggs (6-10).

You don't have to give me any recipes, just the name of a dish (like Quiche) would suffice and I'll look some recipes up myself.
Thanks!

You could make an egg casserole... its usually for breakfast or brunch. Really good though!

if those 3 dozen eggs are farm fresh they will remain wholesome in our fridge for up to a month or more.
you do not have to hurry to use them at all.
And homemade angel food cake usually takes a dozen whites.
You can use the yolks to make homemade pasta.
http://www.statpub.com/open/94948.html
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_shelf_life_of_farm_fresh_eggs

quiche, cakes, Omlette, meringues, a souffle, burgers binded with egg, pasta, spaghetti carbonara, egg fried rice, egg savory for sandwiches, cutard, ect ...

i love omelettes, not only for breakfast, but for dinner and lunch too!! i love adding in all kinds of veggies, cheese, ham, etc!

i know you asked for no recipes..but heres some you might like....

----------------------------

Company Strata

4 to 6 servings

--------------------------------------…
6 slices white bread
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups milk
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped chilies, drained
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

--------------------------------------…

Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Butter 1 side of each slice of bread and arrange butter side up in a single layer in the baking dish.
In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well and pour over the bread. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake strata for 45 minutes, or until fluffy and golden

deviled eggs, and egg salads, and egg sandwiches are good!
and i like hardboiled eggs as a snack!!

good luck!

Back