Who would win in a one on one street fight no rules? MMA or TMA?

SuperNaturaL1

Nov 30, 2009
I hear allot of people on here saying "oh mma is fine , as long as you realize its a sport, and you can't do all the things you would in the street in mma, because of all the rules." and on the other hand you have mma fighters saying eye gouges, groin shots, and hair pulling wont work if your fighting a professional athlete who has olympic Caliber take downs, freakish durability due to hard contact sparring, impeccable conditioning and muscular strength and endurance coming at you full force, and they have more tools to stop a fight, since they practice standing, clinch, and ground attacks.
So Im asking this question since it seems like traditional martial artists seem to be passive aggressively suggesting that the best traditional martial artist can beat the best mixed martial artists in a street fight, since they can use finger holds, eye gouges, and hair pulling , I think a TMA guy would stand no chance against a guy who lives, breaths, and eats combat.
its barley 2 paragraphs bro, reading is good for you.
I am aware that muay thai , bjj, and wrestling are sports, but they can for sure be used to end peoples lives, its like saying archery is a only a sport, until you get a arrow through your face.

MMA guy would dominate, they can endure the brutal pain...And whats stopping them from using groin shots and stuff?

p.s. Roger Huerta (Ex-UFC Fighter, Current Bellator Fighter) beat the fuck out of this 6'5 250lbs black guy who decked a chick. He knocked the black guy out and stomped his head. The police still haven't pressed charges because he was defending the girl from the Black guy.

yea any good mmaer would dominate easily and anyone who thinks otherwize doessent know a damn thing about fighting

I don't find your argument stupid (I've seen way worse questions on here), I think it would be an interesting test to be carried out on Deadliest Warrior on Spike. I can understand people's sniveling of this question (maybe due to the way you explained why you're asking it), but as a fan of MA/MMA maybe i have a different perspective. Millions of fans, including myself, watch MA/MMA because they think it is entertaining. And I think this is a question that can be validly asked. It's an entertaining and competitive thought, just as MA/MMA is an entertaining and competitive sport to watch. Of course, everything is subjective and this question has obviously brought forward mixed reactions and struck a nerve lol.

I'm an MMA fan and I watch a few MA events when I can get my hands on them, mostly Muay Thai and Kickboxing competitions. I've only had a few months of boxing training, few days of MMA training, and boot camp so I don't think I'm qualified enough to even try to analyze this! I usually stay away from the TMA questions, but a simple answer for this is if it's no rules, that really means anything could happen, no matter what facts are laid out before you on what techniques (strengths) this opponent or that opponent uses.

As a traditional martial artist myself, I am impressed with these MMA guys and I think they are fit strong tough and not afraid of a ass whooping. If I were to get into the ring with them I would be pretty sure I would get my a$$ handed to me. However I was trained in traditional TKD from a Korean Master who trained solders in the Korean military. As a student our training was intense and sometimes brutal and we always trained for real life. I have participated in many tournaments, I rarely won.Often disqualified! but I never felt that the guy I was fighting in the ring could take me in the street. Fighting for a prize and fighting for your life are two entirely different things.

It depends on the fighter, but MMA originates from traditional martial arts, MMA is all styles in one competition, so technically you can't answer this properly, but it all depends on the fighter, not the arts he studies. MMA fighter train to fight, and there is nothing holding them back throwing dirty moves such as groin strikes, eye gouges etc. But in a fight it is hard to land normal strikes and MMA fighters have a pretty good defense chances are they would defend most dirty moves anyway. But yes it all comes down to the fighter not the arts he/she may practice.

Not sure if you are aware, but one is a sport, the other one is a combat system (and there are thousands), not beings that can be pitted against each other.

This argument is stupid. period. from both sides.... It's all about penis measuring and is what uneducated, low-brow knuckle-draggers do to make themselves feel good.

That is like asking who will win the next Presidential election. Sure you may have knowledge, insight and think you know who will get it but until it is over there is NEVER a clear winner.

Back