Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

IP Address Conflict!!?!?

I have a Laptop and a PS3. It seems when I'm online with the laptop and my boyfriend is online with the PS3, one of us gets kicked. The laptop would lose connection, then the ps3 would lose connection. It would just keep rotating like that. A window popped up in the laptop saying that the IP Address was being used more than once or something. I can't get the window to come up again so I dont know the exact wording. I have the IP Address for my laptop and my ps3. They are ONE number different. ( like 200. and 201) Is this the problem and how could I fix it?

Downloads
    Uploads

IP Address Conflict!!?!?

you should use one I.P. add. try to create new network and use one i.p.

Junior Member ttKDSGDGttttKWDGHttt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

IP Address Conflict!!?!?

having them the same is the only possible reason i can think of the you would get that error. try setting up one of the devices to use a manual ip address.i would try using he ps3 for that if you do not move it often.on the ps3 do the following-settings-network settings-internet connection settings-custom-wired or wireless -if wired-auto detect -if wireless scan for network-then put in passwordat the ip address settings page-manualwith your laptop-start-run-cmd (this will open the command prompt)-ipconfig /alluse this information to make all numbers exactly the same on your ps3 except for IP address which needs to be different.

Downloads
    Uploads

IP Address Conflict!!?!?

your laptop and PS3 are try to use the same address you need to reset your laptop to obtain a different IP.Go to each computer (not sure if you can on the PS3) and find out the IP address. Run / Winipcfg Or Run / CMD / ipconfig (on your computers)Depending on your OS. Your looking for the IP addresses, they should all be different, but you will find that yours and one other have the same. (Laptop and the PS3)(Ex 192.168.0.100 or 192.168.1.101, or 192.168.0.XXX, XXX = 2-254)Enter network properties / TCP/IP and adjust the last octet to any thing different (2-254), but make sure it does not match any other system. (on your network)The best bet, is to enable DHCP with in your Router, and then go to each PC, and adjust for DHCP. This error is stating that your IP is the same as another IP on your little PC LAN.(network)If it sounds to hard contact your ISP help desk and they can walk you though it.