which ps3 should i get?

You dont need to get the one with the most memory, you will not need all of it (unless you are planning on saveing lots of things on it like music or videos) the game saves dont take up too much room. So i suggest getiing the cheapest one, and even that will hold a fair amount of saves, music & videos.

Currently the PS3 that is readily avaliable in stores is the 40GB, but the 80GB will be coming back in June and it will be bundled with the Dualshock 3 and MGS4 for $499.I recommend the 80GB PS3 because that way you can play both PS1 and PS2 games and it has plenty of hard drive space to last for a long while.

I have the ps3 80gb memory because it can play all ps1 and ps2 games, and it is the only ps3 to have 4 usb ports. The usb ports are good because you use these to connect controllers, and other items, for example i have the game rockband and four people can play it, however if i had the 40gb ps3 i could only have 3 people play it.

Wait until June when the 80GB PS3 returns with the Dual Shock 3 controller and Metal Gear Solid Guns Of The Patriot pack-in game ! $499 !

NOT the 40 GB one. The 40 GB has only two USB ports, no backwards compatability, can't read flash cards, etc. It's cheaper, but you lose a LOT of functionability.The 80 GB has slightly limited backwards compatibility, but it's got all four USB ports and all the functionability of the 60 GB model.It all depends on what you're going to be using it for. If you want to play Rock Band with all four instruments, you'd need a USB hub with the 40 GB. With the 60 GB one, I can put avi files on my flash drive, plug it in, and watch the videos on the t.v. as opposed to my 12 inch laptop screen. Can't do that with the 40 GB.If I were you, I'd look for a used 60 GB on eBay (that's what I did), but if you'd rather get a new one, weigh your pros and cons.

60GB from play.com definately not a 40GB PSN ID: DaNrOx48Games: Army Of Two, Assassain's Creed, Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII, Burnout: Paradise, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, MotorStorm, Resistance: Fall of Man, Skate.To Buy List: Haze, GTAIV, LittleBig Planet, Motorstorm 2, Resistance 2, MGS4

PS3 (40 GB) cant play PS2 games....but if your gonna be using your Ps3 for PS2 games then why waste your money keep your PS2 Ps3(80 GB) has everything the PS3 (40 GB) aand 2 extra usb ports and more ports for memory sticks.... and playback with all Ps1 games and 80 % of all Ps2 gamesand in June there will be a new bundle release with Metal Gear Solid 4 with (sixaxis controller) dualshock 3... 80Gb harddrive system at only $499 ..... .....now ask your self "what system do i want now."If money is no issue then By all means get the 80 Gb bundle with MGS4 and DualShock 3 controller...... or if you cant wait 80 days til it comes out then serously get the PS3 (40 GB) with a bundle back online.. or buy a used PS3 (not recomended)

1). 20GB has no chrome trim, no memory card reader and no wi-fi. Not manufactured anymore. Has the best backwards compatibility with PS2 games due to Emotion Engine (PS2's CPU) and Graphics Synthesizer (PS2's GPU) installed.2). NTSC 60GB has the same backwards compatibility as 20GB version, also has memory card reader and wi-fi. Has a chrome trim. Not manufactured anymore.3). 80GB - extended memory, but reduced backwards compatibility with PS2 games, it has only Graphics Synthesizer (PS2's GPU). Around 60-70% of PS2 games can be played. Available only in NTSC regions.4). 40GB - can't play PS2 games at all (all PS2 chips were removed), has 2 USBs instead of 4, no memory card reader, has wi-fi. Avalable in black, silver and white colors. White and silver versions are on sale only in Japan. Uses 65nm technology (lower power consumption, other versions use 90nm). Improved cooling system. It's the latest version. 40GB doesn't support SACD (Super Audio Compact Disc). Has no chrome trim.5). PAL 60GB - reduced backwards compatibility with PS2 games. it has only Graphics Synthesizer (PS2's GPU). Around 60-70% of PS2 games can be played.Wi-fi included in all models, except 20GB.They are all based on Blu-ray. They all play PS1 games. Apart from the differences listed above - they are the same.

Back