Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    ididntknodat

In the UFC do fighters wear wrist wraps wear wrist wraps under their grappling gloves in training or fight?

just curious to know if they wear them under their gloves or do they use athletic tape or anything at all? thanks

IDONTKNO

In the UFC do fighters wear wrist wraps wear wrist wraps under their grappling gloves in training or fight?

They probably use tape under their gloves. I doubt they fight without any wrist protection.

Junior Member icravefreshbrains's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would think so tho more support the better.....Tape is what I use in muay thai when I fight, lots of Tape on the wrist and the entire hand

Downloads
    Uploads

Wrist wraps when training.Fists are completely taped and signed off by a Athletic Commission's authority prior to a fight.The gloves provide minimal protection, the wraps help protect the bones, ligaments and joints in your hands and wrists.In a pro or amateur fight you have to be taped, and a member of the sanctioning body has to sign off on your taping. (Ensuring it is properly taped, no hidden objects, etc.During training just regular wraps are worn, especially if working on the heavy bag. However doing normal grappling and such, it is isn't unheard of to not wear wraps or anything.But if you are working the bag, or hitting the pads, you are definately wrapped.If you are fighting in a ring or caged, you are definately taped.Hope that helps.