Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    icy

Who's the best mma fighter of all time?

From the UFC, I'd say GSP. He's got a ways to go to build up his record, but the guy is the definition of a modern mixed-martial artist.For non-UFC I've got to go with my old standby, Rickson Gracie. I'm more bummed out than anyone that he's pretty much elected not to fight anyone noteworthy for a long, long time. But I think you have to remember that, as much as we'd like to, us fans do not have the power to tell a fighter when or when not to retire. The dude paid his dues a long time ago in fights way more brutal than the UFC, so who am I to tell him that I doubt his abilities if he won't keep it going until he loses.But that said, the man was a genius. Just go watch Choke if you haven't already. The fluidity of his technique, the lack of ego (in the sense of not feeling like you have to just stand and trade strikes with an opponent to be considered a badass), and the depth of his training (how about that yoga scene) are second to none. I honestly don't think I've seen the fighter who could have taken him in his prime.Now, I know Frank the Tank (among others) is a Fedor supporter, and that's not hard to understand. But I think Rickson was every bit as good, and he was also way more of a pioneer.Just my two cents.

Downloads
    Uploads

BasFedor

Downloads
    Uploads

rutten,fedor,frank shamrock,bj penn

icemaster1500

1. Anderson Silva/GSP2. Fedor Emelianenko

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12