So my mother recently bought a laptop from BestBuy and a verizon wireless broadband modem thing...I am not too good with these things. But, my mother had told me that the guy from Best Buy warned her not to get on youtube or stream videos so much. Cause, he has had customors coming back to him upset about how it was only a 60 dollar flat rate and end up with a bill up to 500 and even 1000. I'm not too sure exactly why, but I do know that you have limited MBs I think?? I dont know. And that if you go over they charge you 5cent for each extra used. So my real question is....What other options can I go on?? We live in an apartment in a city, though we have no phone. We only use cellphones here so I dont know about using a phone line like we had on our previous PC hooked up to a modem with AT&T. We need a fast good connection for our laptop and well preferably well price. That can allow us to surf online without restrictions or extra charges. Can someone help?? I don't understand what is a router or how it can be used. Also so you know we only have the laptop.