Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
+ Reply to Thread
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi, i'm interested in making a documentary about myself. do you think this...

...topic is interesting or original? Yeah i am interested in a career in film, and even if that doesnt happen i've always liekd making movies with my friends as a hobby. I am 19 years old, and am already struggling with the fact that i might be an alcoholic. I know there are alot of documentaries on addiction, but i thought it would be cool to film a documentary bout myself while I am trying to figure out whether i am or not. I've been sober for 90 days now, and thought i could film myself at college, with friends, my girlfriend, at Therapy, AA meetings, talk to alot of my older family members who are alcoholics. I'm going through a real real tough time at times, and i thought it would be interesting to get on film and get everyone perspective, during my struggle to go left or right. I thought it could be called, "Hi, my name is Brian and I'm an Alcoholic?'

Well if you think its stupid, you can say, i just thought it be soemthing interesting and productive to do, and maybe it could help myself and others

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saving Sizemore sounded like a lot more interesting story.

The first problem, it's called AA, the second A stands for Anonymous. Filming at an Anonymous gathering is sort of against the concept, so you'd have to stage it, or get every ones permission.

At 19, you haven't lost anything yet, whereas Tom Sizemore wasted away a Hollywood career. The more you lose, the more compelling the story is. IMHO, you'd have to take a different approach, and make it a documentary about other people along with yourself, to make it more compelling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saving Sizemore sounded like a lot more interesting story.

The first problem, it's called AA, the second A stands for Anonymous. Filming at an Anonymous gathering is sort of against the concept, so you'd have to stage it, or get every ones permission.

At 19, you haven't lost anything yet, whereas Tom Sizemore wasted away a Hollywood career. The more you lose, the more compelling the story is. IMHO, you'd have to take a different approach, and make it a documentary about other people along with yourself, to make it more compelling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, this would not be interesting or productive, and it would be very intrusive on other people's lives as well!

Look, if you have a drinking problem you need to solve it, not videotape yourself hitting bottom. Try checking out some SMART Recovery meetings or the SMART Recovery website. AA doesn't really help you figure out whether or not you should quit drinking; it's more like a religion than a recovery support group. SMART Recovery has way more help for people who are deciding whether or not they need to quit drinking.

+ Reply to Thread