Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think it is pointless for a female to learn a martial art for self defense ?

because at the end of the day men are stronger so it does not matter what unarmed combat moves a woman learns or how many belts she has a man could still easily hurt her .

would it not be best for a female to simply learn how to use a gun ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to see you try 'hurt' my female cousin who is a 4th degree in ITF Taekwon-do and one of the top instructors i know , you would soon be changing your outlook on female martial artists that i can assure you .
    I have trained with her for many years and i can assure you if you tried to " hurt" her you would be landing in the back of an ambulance very quickly , which is probably what an arrogant sexist troll like you needs to wake you up .

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes its vital learn brazillian jiu jitsu trust me technique is all you need and you can easily dominate a man if hes attacking you cause 90% of all fights go to the gound

Downloads
    Uploads
    self defense is not just use of power my man. it also teaches women how to make use of critical hits that can be very painful for the opponent. A human body is full of such organs where if you hit even with small force,can do great damage and induce unbearable pain. e.g. philtrum is a place just below nose but above the top lip. If you hit there even with small force, your opponent won't be able to bear it.

I encourage girls to learn self defense it is very useful in situation where one needs to hit and escape.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree it is harder for a woman to defend herself but it is definetly worth learning martial arts!

Firstlt many martial arts are based on using ur attackers power/momentum against them for example aikido a perfect example as it doesnt matter how tall/strong you are as the techniques use the momentum of an attacker against them and manipulate weaknesses in a human body to control him (via many locks and holds)

Secondly women arnt that much weaker than men! if you work out i'm sure you could be very strong! not to mention if you know how to throw a punch or counter one you could easily win a fight against a man or woman!

Look at experienced female martial artists they could win in a fight against any man!

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...That's why you do martial arts to become stronger to fight against the stronger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Martial arts help A LOT........the reason u think that way cause some guy or girl comes says he/she is a black belt and then gets their ass kick by someone stronger. The reason for that is cause they dont spar. Sparring is VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! Sparring is fighting and u must fight to learn to fight u cant simulate it on a punching bag or when the opponent lets u u must spar. The worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski got his ass handed to him by some fat guy who had better technique then him. If u learn martial arts and spar it doesnt matter if ur a male or female it will help u beat someone stronger then u.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you some kind of fool?!?!?!?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gun: No. More often the gun harms the owner than the attacker. Plus, did you ever consider how defenseless you would be if the attacker somehow manages to get the gun from you, either by stealing it from your glove compartment, or getting it from your purse when you are unaware? O_O Even if you take gun handling classes, the likelihood is that you'll harm yourself or someone you love more so than an attacker.

For self defense, martial arts gives you confidence, which is most of what you need to defend against an attacker anyways. Attackers are cowards, and they attack the weak who think they cannot defend themselves. If you have confidence, they will most likely go for someone else.

For martial arts, learn Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. It's designed for a weaker person to overcome a stronger person though submissions and even breaking joints... the decision is yours how hard you want to go. BJJ is especially good for women, especially in rape scenarios, because most likely you are on the ground anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i think this article proves how much of an idiot you truly are, and this girl didnt even know martial arts

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/offbeat/offbeat_ap_calif_girl_beats_off_muggers_with_baton _20090501748_2363563

i use to think there was no dumb question then i came on y/a and was proven wrong, but this one takes the cake