Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blackberry bold 9000 ''insert sim card''...................?

My Brothers friend gave me his blackberry bold 9000, he's only used it once and then he got an iphone thats why he gave it to me (VERY greatful)
    But the problem is, that it says insert sim card and SOS signal. My sim card from my old phone which works fine on my other phone is on the orange network, and so is the blackberry.

What the hell is the problem? It keeps saying insert Sim card? the sim card slot bit for the 9000 looks really big, do i need another sim card type? i have reset it twice now.

PLEASE HELP! many thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    The phone is locked to whatever network your friend had when he got the BlackBerry and you will have to get it unlocked

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Karl View Post
    My Brothers friend gave me his blackberry bold 9000, he's only used it once and then he got an iphone thats why he gave it to me (VERY greatful)
    But the problem is, that it says insert sim card and SOS signal. My sim card from my old phone which works fine on my other phone is on the orange network, and so is the blackberry.

What the hell is the problem? It keeps saying insert Sim card? the sim card slot bit for the 9000 looks really big, do i need another sim card type? i have reset it twice now.

PLEASE HELP! many thanks
    It may be because of the blackberry bold 9000 is locked with a particular network,to remove the lock you need to unlock it .Get the unlocking service from an online vendor like UnBBlock.com to unlock your mobile,or may be this has to be a problem with the SIM card slot, which is soldered down to the logic board. It's possible that it's a mechanical problem , you might be able to open it up and discover that the card-detect switch is failing to detect SIM card insertion,or may be with a warning that you have 10 attempts to enter the correct PIN code or it could be locked forever ,if you do not get that message it's "mostly likely" unlocked.BUT find a phone with a known working SIM and see if it will work and connect to the network.