I just purchased a sch-i760 on eBay and verizon says I need to purchase a...

Ken

May 11, 2008
yes, you need the data plan for that phone, and any other smart phone capable of internet browsing and other 3g functionality. However, you can still browse the internet using the wi-fi connectivity when in a wi-fi hotspot.

...data plan, is this true? After purchasing a sch-i760 from a private vendor on eBay, Verizon is giving me no option except to purchase a $44.99 or $29.99 data plan, even though on numerous occasions I have seen that since it was manufactured in 2007 it does not apply to the current mandatory data plans. Could anyone who works for Verizon provide some clarification, because the 3 customer service representatives I have spoken to are adamantly sure that I need this data plan and that there is nothing I can do to avoid it, it is hardwired in the system.

yes, you need the data plan for that phone, and any other smart phone capable of internet browsing and other 3g functionality. However, you can still browse the internet using the wi-fi connectivity when in a wi-fi hotspot.

Back