request and start button? My G35 got a little bit wet... as in sunk almost to the tops of the tires outside, with a few inches of water (fresh water, not salt) in the cabin (this was a flash flood in a parking lot). I drove the car out of the water (I knew that water had not reached the intake, and I feared that water would rise if I left it). The car started and ran long enough for me to drive it out of the water, but seconds later all the electronics started freaking out. The battery was then disconnected.

The car was bailed/vacuumed out and left to dry for a couple weeks (with fans blowing on the interior for several days). After that, the ECM trouble codes were cleared via an OBD-II scanner. The car now runs and drives perfectly, and everything works except one thing: the automatic detection of the Intelligent Key.

All the key fob buttons work (lock/unlock/trunk/window down), but the exterior request buttons for the front doors and trunk do not work, and neither does the in-cabin detection of the presence of the Intelligent Key (I have to dock it in it's little receptacle to start the car).

I assumed (hoped) that the car had just forgotten the registration codes for the fobs, so I took the car to the dealership. They were unable to get the fobs working again, even after reprogramming the keys (or the BCM, I'm not sure). The mechanic said that he tested the fobs and could see that they were transmitting correctly.

I have attempted to decipher some of the service manual without much luck, so I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have several specific questions:

1) Where is the BCM? Did it get wet?
2) Where in the service manual (if anywhere) can I find a schematic of this system?
3) Is a faulty BCM what I should be looking for? It seems like there's a lot of stuff that the BCM does, so...
4) ... are there separate fuses in/around the BCM for separate system (that would allow everything but this to work)? My car is out of warranty, so I don't mind cracking open the BCM and soldering in a fuse if that's what it takes.

5) Is there a way to test an antenna assembly (with a multimeter or o-scpoe) to help narrow the problem? I know that there's an antenna in the armrest that should be fairly easy to get to... but can I learn anything by doing so?
5) Any other ideas?

If I thought it would solve the problem, I'd buy another BCM and just replace it... but that seems like a pricey diagnostic step.

Thanks in advance for any/all suggestions.