Question about activating a phone to my verizon wireless account.?

mnation04

Aug 31, 2010
Hello! Currently on my verizon wireless acount I have the motorola droid as my phone. It's become too expensive and I don't use many of the features to continue to pay the extra 30 a month for the data package. Also, I could use the extra money and would like to sell the droid. I currently have the Samsung Smooth verizon flip phone. My plan was that I would activate the Samsung on my account and then sell the droid. When I tried to do the esn switch online, it said an error occured. Customer service wasn't much help either.

I think my issue is that I first bought the Samsung as a prepaid verizon phone from walmart. I never activated it on verizons prepaid network, but instead, brought it to Revol Wireless and activated it on their network. When I tried dialing *228 from the Samsung to try to activate it that way it said something like "Welcome to Revol Wireless blah blah." So my question is, am I able to activate this somehow on my verizon account or did Revol permanently lock my esn? I'm just confused and want to get this done without spending a ton on a completely new phone. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Back