Iphone 4 jailbreak and unlock?

Vitaly

Nov 25, 2008
kay, I want to get a iphone 4 and I do NOT pay for the data plan and only pay for the service plan. (Because wi-fi is everywhere and is enough for me) Is it possible to?: (1)jailbreak and unlock the iphone 4 and be guaranteed that my iphone won't be bricked or broken in the process (2) only pay for the data plan and use calls, picture messages, and multimedia messages (3)NOT pay for and NOT use the data plan? Thanks!

I've seen them available for sale on craigslist unlocked and jail broken, but haven't tried any first hand. I get the part about wanting to not use and therefore not pay for data. What I don't follow is how you would pay for data only and instead use it for calls, picture messages,and multimedia messages. If there is no voice service on the phone, won't it only allow 911 calls? Guarantees are hard to come by when you are doing something to a phone against manufacturer specs and recommendations. You may find someone who stands behind their work who will tell you that they'll pay for the phone if it's damaged in the process. It's going to void your warranty, not to mention be hard to get any kind of tech or customer support for it. Some, maybe, but not much once they realize how it's been altered. So, can you do it? Probably, Can you get it with guarantees? I doubt it. And the person who wrote saying that AT & T will detect that the SIM is in the device and charge accordingly is likely correct. Sadly, even if you were to call and pose as a potential new customer asking that sort of question, about swapping sim cards from one phone to another, you cannot count on the accuracy of the answer. You also might get different answers from different representatives. Data plans aside, that's one of the great things about GSM networks, being able to swap phones with a friend to try out another model, or even have different phones for different things. (Some companies with high security won't allow cameras of any kind into the building, including on cell phones. Violation = risk of employment termination. But, cell phones themselves are not prohibited. So, a social life phone, and a work phone, one with a camera and one without - simply swapping the sims when needed..) Now that the data plan issue has come aboard, I don't know how that works if someone who doesn't have a plan, or has a lower plan, puts their card into a device that requires a plan, or a specific level of plan . Something to find out. I hope you find a suitable solution.

well, if you can get an iphone 4 jailbroken, it would be possible...but not on at&t...that network will detect the iphone and auto-add the data plan (as of 3 months ago will all smart phones). you could try it with tmobile tho, if you can get it unlocked :) seems kinda silly tho, you'll pay 400 extra to buy the thing with no contract and the small data plan is only 15...cheaper just to do it their way!!!

Back