A student came to me a while ago...he could'nt get anyone to teach him because he is virtually blind.
He's nice enough but freakishly strong and does'nt hold back even when he is told to. Worse still, he uses techniques I have'nt taught him - if I use all the knowledge I have against him, you can see the problem. The fight would be over in seconds.

I have never treated him knowingly differently because he has this disability - as society would call it. Because I teach him Wing Chun, it's less about seeing but feeling the opponent's energy.

He's tense during fighting, and so he goes in full force every time. In the last lesson, he grabbed me and spun me round, my option was either go to ground and take his legs away or elbow him in the face when he put the grab on me. So I went to ground and considered doing a heel kick to his shin to take him down, but I did'nt.

No student I know ever learned anything from a senseless beating, but I wonder if I have to do this next time.

My first instructor was a Chinese female, 5'2" in height. A student in the group class, 6'1", tried the same move on her, she told him not to try it again. Sometime later he did and she hit him hard...she was 19 then, and I am nearly double her age now..yet I don't compare I am close to how good she was.

As I teach mainly 1-2-1 I teach people who often don't have the confidence to go to groups. I like to see students develop, not tell them off, but how would instructors on here handle that situation?

Thank you.