I have a 2 1/2 year old shih-tzu (yes a shih-tzu) and she has been bratty/head strong/stubborn/princess from DAY ONE. she deliberately ignores people when shes given a demand, gets jealous of the other dog when hes getting attention and so on. I can deal with these things to a certain extent, but one of her bad habits that is getting on my LAST nerve is her whining. when she does not get her way i.e: is told to stay (or sleep) in one place and she wants to go to another, or she is not getting a toy, or food in her bowl. she will whine and whine and whine- sometimes go to the extent of barking (this is mostly when she wants to leave a room which she is being supervised in or when she wants to get into my parents bedroom late at night), i know that she looks to me when shes whining to wait for a reaction- i ignore her, but that doesn't work she will literally whine ALL NIGHT. i'm not kidding, she WONT sleep she will whine ALL NIGHT until everyone is up the next morning. stubborn bugger. HELP?!

this is NOT separation anxiety i assure you. she is absolutely content when people leave the house. she literally just wants her way!