Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    iluvlipgloss07

I want to switch my email default from Outlook Express to Yahoo but when I try to do it from the tools menu...

I go to the tools section from the toolbar, then I click on 'Internet Options' which then brings up the window with all the tabs in in. When that happens I click on 'Programs' and then I see a list of different programs with drop down windows designed so that I choose different programs. For example, the first drop down window is for 'HTML', under that is 'EMAIL' and below that is 'Newsgroups'. Anyhow what I want to do is change my email from what it currently says which is 'Outlook Express' to Yahoo email' so that whenever I want to email something by clicking on it, it will automatically use Yahoo and not Outlook. I've tried but when I click on the drop down menu the only other option in there says 'Windows Live Mail'. I know in the past I was able to make this adjustment and can't figure out why I can't do it again. Does anyone out there understand my problem and, if so, can you help? Thanks, in advance, for your attention.The drop down window only offers "Outlook Express" or " Windows Live Mail" and nothing else.

Downloads
    Uploads

I want to switch my email default from Outlook Express to Yahoo but when I try to do it from the tools menu...

drop the email selection down then you can pick yahoo mail

Downloads
    Uploads

Yahoo doesn't normally appear in the drop down options. Here is what you have to do.Download Messenger-----all of it-----and that places Yahoo in the list. Now go back and click the drop arrow by the email line and Yahoo will now be there. Click it and then "apply and OK".Then, you can always remove Messenger if you don't want it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvlipgloss07 View Post
    I go to the tools section from the toolbar, then I click on 'Internet Options' which then brings up the window with all the tabs in in. When that happens I click on 'Programs' and then I see a list of different programs with drop down windows designed so that I choose different programs. For example, the first drop down window is for 'HTML', under that is 'EMAIL' and below that is 'Newsgroups'. Anyhow what I want to do is change my email from what it currently says which is 'Outlook Express' to Yahoo email' so that whenever I want to email something by clicking on it, it will automatically use Yahoo and not Outlook. I've tried but when I click on the drop down menu the only other option in there says 'Windows Live Mail'. I know in the past I was able to make this adjustment and can't figure out why I can't do it again. Does anyone out there understand my problem and, if so, can you help? Thanks, in advance, for your attention.The drop down window only offers "Outlook Express" or " Windows Live Mail" and nothing else.
    I know some interesting softwares in the email arena. But a next tool - recovering dbx files amazed me last week, reason of it resolved my old issue with corrupted emails within the scope of minutes and for free as far as I remembered. Moreover the application helped some of my friends...

IRISHGUY3030
    I deleted messenger and reinstalled it and still dont see yahoo in the drop box. The ones i do see is outlook,windows live hotmail and windows live mail. SO how would i get yahoo mail in the email tab