I'm sixteen years old. I've been fascinated with the thought of cooking food for a long time. I absolutely adore the food network and any show with Chef Ramsay! Anyway, I would love to learn how to cook. I know that's vague, but yeah. My mom has taught me the basics; you know, bake cookies, fry eggs... I pretty much know the very simple things. I'd love to learn how to cook great things; appetizing, gorgeous food. I wouldn't want it to be my career path or anything. I already have my career picked out and running. I'd just like to cook for the fun of it. I figure if I'm so interested in these foods, I should try my hand at cooking them. Could you offer any advice? Should I start buying cookbooks from Barnes and Noble? I'd really love to take cooking up and commit to becoming pretty good. I understand it'll take hard work and practice. I'm up for the challenge.

P.S.- Another reason I'd love to learn how to cook, is because I don't find eating all that enjoying anymore. I don't want to sound harsh, but my mother makes some pretty bland things. I'd love to change it up a bit. Thanks for any help!