Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are interventionism and social security the only parameters on which one can

discuss politics nowadays? That's what the left-right axis seems to be all about. Interventionism and social security on the left, non-interventionism and lack of social security on the right. Is that all there is to politics? Are there no other topics on which to take sides, such as, oh I don't know, bureaucracy or the amount of government intervention in non-economic issues?

Before answering this, please keep in mind that I'm not from the USA and frankly I don't care about the current situation in there. I'm talking on a more general level here, not about specific countries.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps some people do on both sides of the political fence but not myself so much.
    However I do know many older Cons / Republicans who are on Social Security. And I also know Republicans would lose their vote if they even Talk about touching Social Security ( that they have paid into all their lives )