Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Arizona17*

Do you flaunt your heterosexuality?

Hi Sweetie,The Bible says that homosexuality is an abomination. It is a Sin. To have a heterosexual relationship, and to be proud of it is normal, and healthy. Your mom is right.Love,Mom

Arlene B

I agree with you. The only thing I agree with the other lady is the whole gay pride stickers, and parades and all that. Straight people don't have all that, so why should homosexuals? A lot of homosexuals say they just want to fit in, but they wear things that represent gay pride. I don't nderstand that. But I do understand being proud of your lifestyle. That woman is not okay with gay people is she doesn't want them to "flaunt" their sexuality. She'sbasically saying, :sure they can check out people of the dame sex, but they cannot be intimate with the same sex" She is against homosexuality. She is judgemental, and it's wrong. It's okay to have your own ideas and beliefs, and it's okay if you don't accept others. It's not okay to disrespect others though.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, no disrespect toward your mother, but that is just hypocritical thinking at its worst. As long as people do things in a way that SHE is comfortable with, SHE can do whatever she wants. But, trust me, this is not limited to just her. Millions of people are like that, my parents included. I think it's rather sad.It's like my mother trying to use the Bible to tell me why I shouldn't have my lip piercing, when she has her ears pierced. You know what she said? "Well, lots of people have their ears pierced." I guess now that LOTS of people commit murder, God doesn't care about that anymore.

Arkansas finest be BALLIN

I try to sleep with a lot of different women. That could be construed as "flaunting" it, I guess.

Downloads
    Uploads

LOL yeah I flaunt it all the time then. How very silly....

Armaan N

>>telling children under 16 about their signif. when kids ask.<<Like it or not, homosexuality is still very controversial. It is not unusual for parents to not want others to discuss controversial issues with their children without their permission. That is why I refrain from discussing religion, politics, and sex with minors without parental permission. Heterosexual relationships are not controversial.

Aristotle

Marriage is an institution sanctified by God. Homosexuality is not. When I see a man and his wife holding hands in public, it does not disgust me, like it does when I see two men or two women doing it. What she probably wanted to say was that she minds the militant, in-your-face gays. I believe in equal rights for all, but not for special rights for gays, just because they are gay. Noone stops them from holding hands, or putting their arms around each other in public. I have seen them kissing in public. It grosses me out, but if that is their thing, that's their thing. In my home, I control what my kids can see. As for what I allow my kids to see, as the spiritual leader in my home, that is my duty, and homosexuality does not fall into the category of what I allow my kids to be exposed to. I must stand for Christ in my home. They see enough in the world.

ari_garnica

I flaunt the fact that I'm pretty much socially asexual.

Armand

The point your mother is making is that the behaviors you described - picture on the desk, holding hands, movies - are perfectly natural displays of affection, as the love between a man and a woman is natural and good.When speaking about homosexuality, it is important to understand that the homosexual person should never be treated unfairly, removed of dignity, or denied love in any way. They are children of God just like we are. What cannot be tolerated is extra-marital sex. God created sex be to a physical expression of the love between a married man and woman. This is why extra-marital sex is wrong even for heterosexual people. It's the same sin. I think this is what your mother is talking about.God bless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12