Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bohemian_garnet

How does God talk to people?

In the book of samuel, God talked to David and gave him advice on wars and told him what to do. I know it was prophets that told David, but how did god tell the prophets to tell that to David? How does God talk to people? I have a strong faith I belive in God with all my heart, but when I ask him to talk to me or give me a sign or something, I dont hear or see a response. What do I have to do to get to respond to me? How would he respond to me?

bombastic

OK, I hold the Quran as a book we can trust, since it never changed like the Bible and Turah had..Anyways, I would like to answer the question title.. saying: God talks to us with His books, like anyone talking to other via a text message.. and this does not mean he would speak to a man with a voice... since God DID actually spoke to Moses with His voice and clear speech. ---- God responds with actions that show as response also..

Downloads
    Uploads

through the power of Mary Jane

Downloads
    Uploads

You need to go up some high mountain to look for a burning bush. You are not allowed to bring any equipments as it will mean you are insincere. By the time you reach half the mountain, you will lack so much oxygen, you will start to hallucinate, that is when this god will talk to you.

Downloads
    Uploads

He calls collect.

Downloads
    Uploads

Through His Word, the Bible.Through people and circumstances.

Boi

I dunno. I am not special and he never bothered having a conversation with me. And I willing to bet he doesn't love me either.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can try all you want noone will respond because no one is there.

boneyardben

You are trying to communicate with God on the ethereal plane. God is spirit, and you must worship Him in spirit and in truth.Until you have genuinely died to self, God will not force Himself upon you. But when you've exhausted all possibility of reaching God on your own, and give up while crying out to God in the realization of your dependence on Him, then He will speak; and once that happens, you'll never go back to "trying." You will have accepted that Jesus did it all, and all you can do is "Amen" Him for it, and then rest in it.The Bible thumpers, after giving me a thumbs down, will give you all kinds of formulas, but none of them have ever entered into God's rest. They read the Bible, and what little understanding comes to them, they identify as God speaking to them. I know from experience, I was a pastor for eight years after being a Sunday school superintendent for years before, as well as secretary of the board of directors. I thought God talked to me, but one day, without any effort on my part, after having given up on all my effort, God spoke out and it blew me away. He's been talking ever since, so I pay little attention to the "Christians" on this site, or in most churches.I now minister along side those who minister on Grace Walk Radio (internet), I highly recommend it. You will hear testimonies in detail like the short one I just shared.Ignore the atheists, ignore the "Christians," and abandon all you've been taught. Sit yourself at the feet of the Bible, and like a little child, let it speak to you. And before you know it, the God who authored it will be teaching you what it means. When that happens, you will realize that God is talking to you.Stop trying to find God in the Bible, and seek the God who authored it!May God bless you in your quest, never give up, and He will complete the work He began in you (Philippians 1:6).Edit #1: Asker, check out the answer by "austrnsw," he is right on!Edit #2: "Muslim Theologist," you don't know zip about the Bible. Are you affluent in Ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek? You've never read the Bible in your life and you speak from having been brainwashed into the biggest cult on this planet. When you can substantiate the changes in the Bible, then let's hear from you. But for now, you are simply a parrot repeating what you've been taught, and you repeat it in your ignorance.

Like this never in personRev Crackpot dream that he had an interview with G-d. “So you would like to interview me?” G-d asked.“If you have the time” Rev Crackpot said. G-d smiled. “My time is eternity.”“What questions do you have in mind for me?”“What surprises you most about humankind?”G-d answered...“That they get bored with childhood,they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again.”“That they lose their health to make money...and then lose their money to restore their health.”“That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future.”"That they live as if they will never die, and die as though they had never lived.”G-d’s hand took mineand we were silent for a while.And then I asked...“As a parent, what are some of life’s lessons you want your children to learn?”“To learn they cannot make anyone love them. All they can do is let themselves be loved.”“To learn that it is not good to compare themselves to others.”“To learn to forgiveby practicing forgiveness.”“To learn that it only takes a few seconds to open profound wounds in those they love, and it can take many years to heal them.” “To learn that a rich person is not one who has the most,but is one who needs the least.”“To learn that there are people who love them dearly, but simply have not yet learned how to express or show their feelings.”“To learn that two people can look at the same thing and see it differently.”“To learn that it is not enough that they forgive one another, but they must also forgive themselves.”"Thank you for your time," I said humbly. "Is there anything else you would like your children to know?"G-d smiled and said, “Just know that I am here... always.” http://groups.google.com.au/group/church-of-crackpots?hl=en&lnk=srg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast