Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member PenelopeAmanatidis's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

will downloading BitTorrent give me viruses???????

well everybody is telling me do download bittorrent but is it safe at all, because i abosloutly cannot risk getting viruses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Download BitTorrent = No VIRUS
    Download source in BitTorrent = YES (50%)

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok i think u should not download it get this one thats a cheat engine no viruse go to bootmii.com and get the hombrew channel

Downloads
    Uploads
    as said most will - some don't

your always taking a risk on torrent sites - remember you sharing with someone you don't know

Downloads
    Uploads
    Downloading and running the bittorrent, utorrent, limewire, frostwire and the like will not give you virus. It's the stuff that you will be downloading using the program that may or may not give you the virus. So better be armed with a good antivirus and antispware program like Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Downloads
    Uploads
    use avast as your virus program, and malwarebytes or spybot s&d with it... it will keep you super safe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    bittorrent is p2p this means instead of files being stored on dedicated servers they're stored on other users computers if u are careful about where u get the actual torrent from u can usually eliminate most of the risk.
    Pirate bay has a rating system that allows users to see the trustworthiness of the host of the file.
    Isohunt has no rating system but is in general a good community that will flag infected files relatively quickly.
    But no matter what is done there really is no way to completely eliminate the risk of downloading a virus, the best advice i can give u would be to invest in a decent firewall/antivirus software, this will tell u if sources have suspicious content.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If your so worried about getting virus's , then download Avast! Antivirus and that will save you. Ive had it for 2 and a half years since my laptop was new and never one virus on my computer.
    Download Avast! Antivirus for free here :http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download
    Then you can try the program Advanced System Care.

You shouldn't get virus's from torrents, but I still would take second safety issues.
    Good luck !

PS Some will and some won't.