Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

which internet security software to choose? not Trend Micro!!?

I just purchased a three year subscription to TrendMicro Internet Security (formerly "PC-cillin") anyway, the software doesnt seem to be bad actually--even tho my system was performing poorly and crashing and TrendMicro dint detect anything. BUT, when I was trying to re-install TrendMicro after reformating etc, I could not get the product to work and when I called India (MicroTrend and Dell customer service) and after more than two hours I still do not have a working copy of Trend Micro, which I have already paid them 0, to use!!!!!!!! I have finally decided that I will officially boycott any company or affiliate that outsources absolutely any customer service at all!!!! AND that is too bad bc I actually support jobs for any working ppl and efficiencies in business. (((((

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry to hear about the trouble that you have had using Trend Micro Antivirus.

If you need a free antivirus program, I would suggest that you try using Microsoft Security Essentials, which can be downloaded from the link below.

http://Microsoft.com/Security_Essentials

I currently use Microsoft Security Essentials and haven't really had any problems.

In addition to running frequent antivirus scans, I would also suggest that you run frequent antispyware or antimalware scans.

If you need a free antimalware program, perhaps you should try using MalwareBytes, which can be downloaded from the link below.

http://MalwareBytes.org

Also, perhaps you should consider trying Mozilla FireFox, which is a free browser that is safer than Internet Explorer and can also be customized with a variety of different add-ons and themes. If you'd like to try using Mozilla FireFox, you can download it from the link below.

http://Mozilla.com

Good luck and I hope I helped you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have fun with your boycotting 'cause 90% of customer service is India and Phillipines.
    When you get phillipines, you'll get good help.

india? feel free to say goodby if you're not getting anywhere and call back right away....maybe you'll get a better help. There's hundreds in the room and you'll eventually get someone good.

Sounds cruel, but that outsourcing is only costing $1 a day and that's how things are. Even IBM is using india. Hey, they've got to save money somehow.

Things are changing in America. Or maybe already have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The top three on almost all lists are Eset, Kaspersky and BitDefender. I know for a fact the last two speak English very well and doubt their support is in India.

AVOID: Norton, McAfee and Microsoft. Face it, if Microsoft knew anything about security we wouldn't need protection!

Downloads
    Uploads
    McAfee Security Center!
    They are great! I once had
    3 Trojan horses on my
    computer it removed it
    immediately!
    This software is HIGHLY recommended!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always recommend AVG. Even the free version will protect you from the most virulent worms. Out of the nine computers in my household, every one uses AVG free and we have never had a security problem. I can only imagine how rock-solid the subscription version is. Every free version comes with a thirty day trial of the full suite to destroy any current infections. Be sure to install the AVG security toolbar for your browser during installation.