Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 3 year old has also told me that he expects to receive a Porsche for

his 16th birthday.? Parents, I need to start saving now... How much should I save per month in order to be able to surprise my son with it when his 16th birthday arrives?

My son is my world, so I have to get him everything he wants. I wouldn't be a good parent if I didn't get him what he requests.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh honey...you can't just give him what he wants! You have to go above and beyond the call of duty and surprise him with something even better! I suggest a Lamborghini. You can cut costs by fasting from now until 2023. Remember, he'll choose your nursing home eventually!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are spoiling your son. He doesn't even have a driver license yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Amen Suzie! Only an idiot gives their child everything they want. And what idiot gives a FREAKIN 16 year old an expensive car? You going to replace it with a new one when he wrecks it? Good luck raising him, he's still going to be sleeping on your couch and calling you mommy when he's 35. What kind of man is that??

My daughter is the most important thing in the world for me and I love seeing her eyes light up when I give her something, but even more important than that is raising her to be a mature, self sufficient adult who will have no issue adjusting to life when she moves out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Amen Suzie! Only an idiot gives their child everything they want. And what idiot gives a FREAKIN 16 year old an expensive car? You going to replace it with a new one when he wrecks it? Good luck raising him, he's still going to be sleeping on your couch and calling you mommy when he's 35. What kind of man is that??
    My daughter is the most important thing in the world for me and I love seeing her eyes light up when I give her something, but even more important than that is raising her to be a mature, self sufficient adult who will have no issue adjusting to life when she moves out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh honey...you can't just give him what he wants! You have to go above and beyond the call of duty and surprise him with something even better! I suggest a Lamborghini. You can cut costs by fasting from now until 2023. Remember, he'll choose your nursing home eventually!

Junior Member largemouth_painter's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you should save money now on by getting him that lifetime "Douche Bags of America" membership since you're apparently going to turn him into a spoiled brat that thinks that the world owes him everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    K first of all, is your son some kind of super-baby?! How does he know what a Porsche is?! That's pretty impressive.

2nd, plz hear me out, i'm only trying to help you.

I don't think you quite understand what children wants in a parent. I am 14 and I am speaking from a daughter's point of view, of what we see in our parents. I'm not trying to be skeptical. You have to relax. I understand that your son is your world but I think you're becoming a bit paranoid. You can't possibly think that you'd be a terrible parent if you aren't able to give him everything. You'll just end up spoiling him, he'll turn into the kind of boy that wants everything given to him on a silver platter. It will effect his future and his love life. He won't be able to Truly love anyone if he thinks he can always get his way. You could also become absorbed with you're need to shower him with wonders and forget to spend time with him. This is what we really want.
    We want parents that aren't afraid to talk about anything with us, no matter how awkward or embarrassing the subject. We want to always know that our parents will accept us, and respect our decisions. If you really want to give your son everything, use the one thing that we sons and daughters always wish for... take an intrest. Thats the magic word, intrest. Get involved with his shows and games. Show him the wonders of creativity, with crayons and books. Take him on walks and show him the wonder and beuty of nature. Point out flowers and bugs, and make up interseting stories about them. If he wants something, turn it into a game where he can earn it. This will teach him how to earn his wants so he can succeed in life and never go without. When time matures him, and he becomes a teen, remember to give him space. Talk to him about girls and give him dateing advice so he never feels at lose with his feelings. Never get upset when he talks about his futer or a girl he likes, always make him feel like you understand him. Tell him how awsome he is, and try to be the fun type who dosen't embarrass him. Take an intrest in his music and encourage and push him so he reaches his full potential, and always remeber that if you can't afford a shiney new toy right away, and he throws a fit, he'll still love you, always. He will beat up whoever mouth-offs about you, belive me, thats how most fights in my school start. Men will always be protective of their mothers. Don't think you're a bad parent for not giving him everything he wants, you're an awsome parent for not spoiling him, and he will grow up wise and strong.

Good luck chickla, and my regards to your super intellgent son!!!! XD

Downloads
    Uploads
    you should save money now on by getting him that lifetime "Douche Bags of America" membership since you're apparently going to turn him into a spoiled brat that thinks that the world owes him everything.

Downloads
    Uploads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast