Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone else laugh uncontrollably when they see or hear about an old person...

...falling? I'm a really sweet, nice person, really. I just have this thing about old people falling down. Like those commercials about old people falling and screaming "I've fallen and I can't get up!" I can't stop laughing. I realized the magnitude of this issue the other day when a co-worker mentioned her mother had fallen and broken her hip. I had to excuse myself because I could not stop laughing. I thought I was able to leave soon enough, but everyone basically knew I was snickering. Now my co-worker won't speak to me. They all think I'm crass. But the thing is I'm not. I just have this weird part of my brain that shifts into laughter when I hear about old people falling down.
    What's with that? Anyone else have this?

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry, someday you will be old and I'm sure there will be someone just like you standing there laughing at you when you fall and break a hip...I bet you would really find it funny if your parents or grandparents broke a hip when they fell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think about that day. Instead, I think of the day I got this expensive bathtub!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG! I get the same thing. It can get very uncomfortable when people notice it, especially when a loved one gets hurt. I have considered going to a psychiatrist for help but I'm not sure it would do any good. The only advice I can give you is try to act like something else is making you laugh like something you just read or a joke someone told you earlier. Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Karma. Be aware of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only Republicans find it funny when a person spends days slowly dying of exposure.