Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gallardo190

Xbox 360 status code 51-C00DF236 Divx/xvid problem?

I have many avi files on my laptop and i want to connect to my xbox 360 and watch them through the ethernet cable.

I dont have an external hard droive or any USB to use and i need to be connected to live to get the update for these media files.

i cant do this because i am using an ethernet cable to connect with the xbox and share media and my laptop only has one ethernet port like all others.

I have wireless usb but i cant use on 360 because for some reason it is not recognising it. Is there a way to get this update somehow with my problem?

Thanks and sorry for my English. Dont really have alot of time. Thanks

Unregistered
    I have the same error.
    Do you have any clue about that ?

Unregistered
    You need to format your HDD one your xbox and get the updates again - save your game saves o a memory card and re-formate your hard drive and all will be fine.

Unregistered
    I experienced the same problem after receiving a replacement 360. I'm not sure which of these fixed the problem, it may be all of them:

1. Transfered my 360 HDD data to a new hard drive using the MS transfer cable, this is when the problems started
    2. Used the DRM Transfer Tool at Xbox.com | System Use - Transferring Content Licenses to a New Console
    3. Deleted the Optional Media Update under Memory->Hard Drive->System Items on the System blade
    4. Tried to play a divx file and downloaded the update when prompted.

Everything seems fine now, I guess my issue was caused by the Media Update originally being downloaded to a previous XBox and therefore wasn't licensed for the new one without signing in to Live.

Good Luck.

Unregistered
    Hello, I also experience this after getting a replacement Xbox.

The thing I noticed was that while they allowed me to transfer licensing to all my games with just simply hitting "download again" (nothing downloads though) so those games work offline... this patch just will not work offline.

It's fine if you have internet (which I do) but being signed on just to watch video is annoying.

I don't really have another drive or a transfer cable or a memory card.. or the desire to really go through that trouble to get it to work.

Any suggestions?

I did try :3. Deleted the Optional Media Update under Memory->Hard Drive->System Items on the System blade

In fact, it made me download it again when I got the NXE too.. but still no luck.

Unregistered
    your gagy

Unregistered
    please i have a usb fash and i taked the update from the internet by microsoft.com about the new dashboard now i want to update for watching video how ? or from where i get the update from my pc in internet cuz i cant connect online in my XBOX so please any one can help me add me at msn [email protected] thanks

Unregistered

Gun

hi there i am having the same problem with the code i downloaded the update and it alowes me to play the videos of my external memory unit i use via the usb on the xbox but when i turn my xbox off and back on again it dont let me play any videos it is like it loses the update i have re formated the memory card and re downloaded the update but still having the problems please can someone help

Unregistered
    Delete the Optional Media Update in System Settings, Memory, Hard Drive and go to System Settings. After deleting this, play your video file again, it should prompt you to download the Media update again. Download the update and you're good to go!

Unregistered

Tried

Tried the above but it didn't work. Still get the error offline.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast