Why ios the Catholic church so rich when Jesus was so poor?

The Catholic Church provides more basic human services to the poor of the world than ALL other churches COMBINED.

Jesus was not poor, or Judas could not have been stealing out of the money bag ( see John 12:3-6 ). Many rich people gave into the ministry of Jesus. But, the Catholic church teaches doctrines that go against Jesus' teachings.

The catholic church is corrupt and this is coming from a beliver in God. I'm sorry, but I don't take child molestation lightly. Sorry Catholics!!!

You could ask the same question about all religions, the most obvious of those being promoted on cable channels by white-suited Elmer Gantrys.

the catholic church was rich because they told the congregation that they would have to pay for their sins so God would forgive them. they lied to get money, it was a complete scam and they pulled it off because the pope had such a big influence on everything back in that time. nowadays, catholic churches ask for money, but its not as severe as it was before.

They knew how to capitalize on Jesus' misfortunes. And they knew how to get native people to give up their natural resources along with their culture.

yep. he said you dont need fancy churches or powerful idols to worship his god. he taught the word of god in peoples homes in which he spent the night. its how he got around.

Not just the catholic church but any church should spend most of its money to help the poor. At least that's what I've always thought.

Back