please give me some advise.? heres my story.
i've been a heavy smoker since October 2009..

i think it happened bc i stopped taking my ADD medication (adderal non xr 20 mg) bc i felt that i could just try and naturally over come my ADD. which i have taken ever since i was a little kid. and fyi i have tried a couple other kinds of meds, strettara and adderall xr. they didn't work out well for me. so im pretty much done trying new things at this point.

strettera just straight up didnt work. toke that for a couple months. it gave me a focus, but i felt really lazy and apathetic. as well as nausious and dizzy.

adderal xr didnt work. gave me a lot of anxiety, and just made me CRAVE to take more and more. pretty much all it did was turn me into a train wreck. i stress the crave part bc thats what it was. it wasn't just a mental want or need. my body and mind were practically screaming at me to take more.

adderal non xr was actualy the only one that really worked for me and relieved me of a lot of my ADD symptoms. i could focus. my mood and behavior were more consistent, and it even helped relieve me of my internalized anxiety. and i don't crave to take it as much as i did while on xr. hell i barely even think about it until the next morning. i know its ironic. xr is the one that is SUPPOSED to help me like that.. i barely understand it myself =/

but i stopped taking it bc adderal xr turned me into a train reck and doctors would ALWAYS tell me that adderal non xr and adderal were the exact same thing. except xr lasts longer and is supposed to make me crave less. for some reason that wasnt the case. i tried to explain it to them.. that i do feel a somewhat of a drastic difference.. but they didnt believe me. and just accused me of trying to use it for the wrong reasons. so i just gave up and went with what they said without argument.

since then i just stopped the whole med treatment with the mindset that ADD isn't that big a deal. that its just a lack of will power and i can over come it if i tried hard enough.
srry that all seems off topic.. but ever since i stopped taking medication i started chain smoking. got to the point where i smoked twenty five a day. just got to a point where i was fed up with it all. i couldnt focus. my moods were so inconstant and impulsive. never wanted to do anything but daydream all day.
went back to the doctor.
im back on the medication that worked for me and it still does. and now i care about my health.. but i need advise as how i can quit smoking...