Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does smoking cigarettes make you lazy?

Well Ive smoked for about 6 or 7 years now, Im still young (22) but feel its zapped my energy. I know I shouldnt be smoking, but it keeps me sane for now. I live at home after having to move back due to job loss, and its not a very great home life to say the least. My mom is the same way she cannot stop smoking because of stress that goes down within this household (caused by my father). But back to my question, could it be the fact that I smoke that makes me lazy? Or could it be cause Im depressed? I feel so immobilized. Its VERY unlike me to be so inactive, Ive always been a 'get up & go' type person. Any info or personal experience is appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should stop smoking anyway, but they do the exact opposite because they are a stimulant, through nicotine and give you more energy for a short amount of time like drinking coffee
    Edit: but additionallly it can make you a bit more lazy, not while smoking but while exercizing because it affects ur heart and lungs negatively

Downloads
    Uploads
    it shouldn't, but regardless i suggest that you quit anyway. it couldnt hurt!

TRYING_TO_QUIT
    I think it does make you lazy. Nicotine is a stimulant, but there is also the fact that you have more carbon monoxide and less oxygen in your blood. Lack of oxygen makes you lazy, so therefore smoking does. I have smoked heavily for the past 2 years and noticed I need much longer to sleep, and have much less motivation to do academic work. Whenever I quit for a week or 2, I always notice how much "alive" I feel and how dulling it is to smoke.

Smoking is stupid, basically.

Unregistered
    I recently just tried to quit. I hadn't had a cig in a couple days. I was about to go to the store and decided I was going to start a load of laundry and stumbled upon an unfinished pack. Being an idiot I decided what the heck I'll finish this pack and then restart. I hopped outside and smoked a cig. I got up to get back to getting ready and felt really lazy. Asked myself if I really needed to go to the store or if it could wait til tomorrow. Just from that I would say yes it does. I'm throwing away that pack right now. If you haven't yet you could too. It's never too late. Never too early. Like Nike says, "Just do it."