Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Audiophiles: I need help! I just blew out some awesome speakers and I

think I might cry. (jk, but I feel sick)? I bought a pair of used Boston A70's and a Yamaha RX-V40 receiver. I hooked everything up and started playing a cd from my dvd player before I turned on the receiver. Once I turned on the receiver, I saw that the volume was set on -12 decibels and then heard the song playing, very distorted. I turned down the volume as quick as I could, but it was too late; I took the covers off the speakers and both foam woofers were torn.

Is this something that I can fix? I love these speakers. Do you think that the extent of the damage was the woofers or could the wiring and tweeters be messed up too. I've heard of foam replacement kits, but I don't know the first thing about this stuff. Is there a place that repairs this kind of damage? I would really appreciate any advice you have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fortunately There ARE places that specialize in fixing speakers.... The only problem is wether or not costwise its worth it
    http://www.fixmyspeaker.com
    :-)
    Those Guys are pretty much top notch in this buisness