YES! Roger Federer is OUT!?

Well Berdych truly deserved the win, I am so happy we might have new champion. (I can't see Nadal winning this year).

Federer should not feel bad he has achieved so much.

Kent stop being such an idiot!
I'm very sorry for Fed it hasn't been a good year for him. Only winning the Australian!

But will see him back!

no, really? ofc he's out, you just said it
btw, don't hope for a person to lose a match since its really rude
i don't really like federer either but it really sucks when someone is hoping for someone else to lose
i bet if you were in fed's shoes you wouldn't like it
cheer and hope for your favorite person's victory, not someone else's lose
cause its rude, no matter who they are

Yeah, okay first off to the first answer, thanks for the stereotype. That's really classy of you, especially to insult an entire fan-base when we're all obviously a little upset.

No, but honestly Berdych just outplayed Roger today. He was actually the 2nd, and maybe the 3rd (Bozoljak is questionable) to just be the better player than Federer. Roger's serve was keeping him in the match early but once it went away, which was inevitable, you knew he was in trouble. Yeah, he definitely made mistakes and failed to make adjustments, but the rule about adjustments is that if you have to make them then all credit goes to your opponent for forcing you out of your comfort zone.

Great match by Tomas Berdych today who was always the player I was worried about for Roger. The grass courts are playing much faster this year than recently because of the lack of rain and that's why you've seen big servers/hitters really play awesome, even more so on the women's side (2 unseeded players in the semis who absolutely rip the ball as hard as they can). His forehand and his 2nd serve were unstoppable today and his net game was very very good as well. And his defense was even surprisingly good. You can see that he has worked hard and improved a lot in the last year.

Roger fans like myself need to start really accepting that he's not going to be #1 in the world again. I think he'll hang around like Sampras did (Because he's really committed to playing through the 2012 Olympics) and maybe win 2-4 more majors over the next 2-3 years, but he might even fall out of the top 5. I think Pete Sampras was actually ranked around #20 when he won his last major.

Federer's days as being considered by anyone sane as the best current player in the world are over, but he's still probably the best in history. Us Roger fans are just going to have to accept this decline with the same grace as did we enjoy his prime.

He is getting old but he'll always be the champion even when he gets defeated. But at least someone new is taking the trophy home

YES OMG MY LIFE IN COMPLETE BECAUSE FEDERER FINALLY DOESN'T WIN EVERY SLAM.

This is literally the mentality of 50%+ of this forum right now. Which is sad.

Berdych played great, but nobody even cares, because it's more important to their miserable lives that Federer lose than Berdych win. You guys parents must have beat regularly you when you were little. Berdych played much better and he won, so what can you do? That's just life.

Roger has finally hit that ceiling where he can only go downhill, which was inevitable. He should probably take a few weeks, maybe skip the next few tournaments and try to readjust and fix whatever problems he's having. He has had a ton of trouble converting break points since the AO and hasn't played very well. And since he is now basically out of the running for being #1 again for probably at least a year, it's better for him to spend time fixing his game and resting his body than to keep frustrating himself in smaller tournaments.

Here we go, can't wait for the whining fans saying Federer played bad.

"Waaaaaaaa, Federer made less unforced errors but he lost so he must have played bad Waaaaaaaaaa"

Hahahaha so happy, now a million teenage girls will be killing themselves right now

Birdman did well today, he deserves it. Tennis is a game and, every dog has its day. Believe.

Back