Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member HectorausGuatemala's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Apps won't run on my Symbian smartphone! Help?

I have a Nokia E65 Smartphone. It is quite new, I just bought it two months ago. The problem is that sometimes, when I try to run an app, it simply won't. The only way to temporarily fix this is uninstalling a non-working app, so the others that didn't work run again. Can anyone help me to fix this problem?

Note: This also happens with downloaded apps from Ovi Store.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like your phone memory (drive C) is full and the apps have no room to create their temporary files. You need to clean that memory out, e.g. by reinstalling all the apps and selecting memory card as target.

So, make sure to have a memory card on the phone, as big as possible. Then go through all the apps and check their settings, make sure that they store the data on the memory card instead of the internal drive C. Especially so for the Messaging app if you use email and apps such as podcasting. Ovi Store also has a setting that tells that all the apps should be installed on drive E (memory card), the place where you should be careful to install all your apps, always.