Beginner cook with question?

humanbeforeamerican

Jun 9, 2008
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Family-Casserole/Detail.aspx

I want to make the above recipe tomorrow for father's day. The recipe says I can make, freeze, and bake when ready. Since it will be a crazy day tomorrow, I was going to prepare it tonight and bake it tomorrow, but I wanted others opinions with more experience. Will that work? I don't want to mess it up...I am known for burning water.

I'm a teacher so during the school year I am always looking for recipes that I can make/prepare the night before and then just come home and pop in the oven to heat up. This recipe totally looks like one I would do that to!! I would make it totally as directed expect just cover it with foil and stick in your fridge until tomorrow. A good 30 minutes before you want to put it in the oven, just let it sit on the counter, uncovered so it starts to get to room temperature. Then bake as directed. You just might need to check the center of it when the time is up to make sure it heated all the way through, but it probably will be fine!! Good luck.

I say yes this would be a good idea because it would give the flavors a little longer to mix so it would taste better. But either way it should be find.

Fix it tonight and put it into the fridge. (not the freezer) Take it out of the fridge about an hour before you bake it and leave it out on the counter. Then put it in a 325 oven for either 30 or 45 minutes depending on how cool the casserole is when you put it in the oven. Be sure to check that it is cooked all the way through before you serve it. (Carefully stick a clean finger in the middle while nobody is watching.)

It looks like a yummy meal. Good luck to you.

Yes you can assemble tonight and bake tomorrow.

Either give it time to come to room temp, or give it extra time in the oven since it will be so cold tomorrow when you take it out of the fridge.

If you unsure of your ability to finish it, you could finish cooking it tonight and then put it into the fridge, then 10 minutes before dinner tomorrow, put it into the oven at 100 degrees for 4 to 5 minutes to warm it through.

Back