Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think space travel is a waste of time and money!?

Or just time or just money!

I saw this HUGE machine tower thing that tracks tiny space particles......... and they want to build lots more over the world.....$$$

Is this all important to the world
    space travel and other space stuff

We might find some friendly moon dwellers? But nothing else good could come from it!! Just waste money and destroy more of the universe than just the earth.
    I didn't think of all the stuff that has already come from it! But it's like it's just made the rich richer.

Smrithi
    If there is no curiosity; then there is no development. Let me tell you, if there is no development in science and technology, you might not have computers infront of you, to sit and clear your doubts like this..... When the technology of computers started; it was in the size of a big building...... lol, some fools like you said "will this be of any use to people?? Its just waste of time and money".... But today, whole world revolves around computers......

Inside your Head
    curiousity is what made civilization today, what if we found more resources out there?

like stronger metals or wed have infinite oil, energy and stuff

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it is. Why travel to space? what's there? nothing is. You're better off travelling overseas!

mrsM
    will it track meteors that come pummeling down to earth and kill the lot of us? hmmm, maybe might be important. the Gov. has wasted time and money on lots worse I assure you

Pandadaddy
    No, I don't think that it is a waste of time or money. I think that the fashion industry, having babies, the American preoccupation with accumulating wealth and material goods, plastic surgery for vanity reasons, getting an i-phone, acquiring designer bags and pets, or anything that is a snooty status symbol, is a waste of time and money!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, were going to have to abandon this dying planet eventually.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i totally understand where you are coming from! i think the same way! total waste..

Downloads
    Uploads
    i guess is the power of knowing more about what is around us in order to save our own planet......and improve technology as with satelites....

Crow T. Robot
    When one takes into account that many of the things developed for the space program have made their way into people's homes (such as cordless tools and various polymers, not to mention GPS and communications satellites) space travel and exploration are more beneficial than many people realize.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast