Unlocked Iphone?

QuarterMidgetMom

Feb 16, 2008
I purchased an unlocked Iphone on ebay, and i was told I can get any SIM card I want and it will work with my Iphone. I've never done anything like this before so I was wondering do i just take my Iphone to Rogers or Telus and just ask them if I can get a sim card with a contract? or how else do i go about doing this? i'm really not sure.. Also if i get internet on my contract everything for the Iphone will work the same as it would with AT&T right? Thanks :)

get rid of it quick, as soon as your iphone tries to update its seelf o2 will blok it, you cannot avoid this unfortunately

As long as your network is GSM, it should work in your iPhone. Rogers is. The iPhone plan on AT&T includes unlimited data transfer, not sure if anywhere in Canada offers this plan. Just don't go over what your allowed, and you'll be fine. Everything will work except visual voicemail, the button will just call your voice mail. You may have to google to get your Edge working correctly.And remember: never upgrade! Your phone will probably relock its self and then you will need to do some extensive googling.

take a look there for iphone unlocking and hacking:http://www.wiplife.com/hi-tech/iphone-unlock-hack/

Back