Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Queen

What happens if you lose your cellphone?

Hey everone,I live in Toronto and I'm with Fido services. My boyfriend & I have a couples plan, and this evening he misplaced his cellphone with the SIM card in it and everything. We haven't called Fido yet to let them know it could be lost, because he wants to check his office in the morning. I just wanted to know, those of you in Ontario or Canada and are on either Fido/Rogers/Bell/Telus what happens (from your experience) when you lose or get your cellphone stolen. I know in the US they have insurance on the phones for these types of incidents, but obviously we don't have that. Would the company give you a cellphone for free? Or would you have to pay the FULL replacement charge? My boyfriend had the Q, so it's kinda expensive to replace @ full price. If we have to pay the whole charge, he might as well use one of our old (but still functioning) Motorola RAZRs.Any insight & suggestions would be great. Thanks everyone!

quantumrift

I would go crazy!

Quake22

Well...You're screwed.

Junior Member quarterhorseacres's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

it's gone

Quandir

kill ur self........jk.....idk

Quantum Leap

he has to report it stolen immediately!!! As he will be responsible for any charges incured on his phone.IF its was a BELL or TELUS phone... then he can have the phone LOCKED until further notice as BELL and TELUS both use the CDMA network.but FIDO and ROGERS use the GSM... network... therefore all he can do is report his phone lost/stolen.. then look into getting another phone.the Q is not that expensive... well, in comparison to other PDAs as its only $299.00Is he on a long term contract?how many FIDO dollars does he have?theses are all Q's you should look into.e-mail me if you have any Q's

quadrunner09

well, first thing to do is to get your phone frozen..if he did lose it and someone found it, they could be sitting there using up all your minutes and running up your phone bill.i, however, don't have either of those companies, so that's all i can do to help.good luck! i hope you guys find it! =]

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not in Toronto, but you should cancel it and report it lost. If he does end up finding it then you can reactivate it. I lost my phone a few times and canceled it to be safe.

qt_brat69

well try call it first and back traking ur steps.And im not sure but pretty sure that you have to pay a fee for losing it.look on there site.Good luck

Unregistered

Same problem!!

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME i was at the mal yesterday and my phone was in my pocket n all of a sudden it was gone.,i dont know of i got pick pocketd or i dunno if it fell but there was no way i couldnt have heard it cause its a LG PRADA which is kinda heavy.. but i am also on a 3 year with fido and i dunno if they will give another phoen but its worth a try

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast