Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    something about TELUS SomeoneWhoKnows's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A lost or stolen phone will NEVER be replaced by the carrier. CDMA phones will have the ESN removed from the system so they can't be activated ever again and GSM phones will have the SIM card locked so it is useless to anyone else. Of course this only happens if you report it to your provider.

BTW, if you don't report this then YOU are responsible for all charges that the thief/finder may rack up by using your missing phone.
    TELUS... The Future IS Friendly, just not yet.

jdjcier

Mobilephone1 lost phone

Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    Hey everone,I live in Toronto and I'm with Fido services. My boyfriend & I have a couples plan, and this evening he misplaced his cellphone with the SIM card in it and everything. We haven't called Fido yet to let them know it could be lost, because he wants to check his office in the morning. I just wanted to know, those of you in Ontario or Canada and are on either Fido/Rogers/Bell/Telus what happens (from your experience) when you lose or get your cellphone stolen. I know in the US they have insurance on the phones for these types of incidents, but obviously we don't have that. Would the company give you a cellphone for free? Or would you have to pay the FULL replacement charge? My boyfriend had the Q, so it's kinda expensive to replace @ full price. If we have to pay the whole charge, he might as well use one of our old (but still functioning) Motorola RAZRs.Any insight & suggestions would be great. Thanks everyone!
    Hi im also with fido and I lost my LG Neon phone and I tried calling Fido and theres no use. I asked them if there is any way to turn on the phone because i lost it while it was off and they said no. Unfotunately I only had my phone for about a week and a half. Good luck with finding your Q. Ian

something about TELUS SomeoneWhoKnows's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sucks when you lose a phone, especially one that is brand new. One advantage of being with Rogers/Fido is that you can easily get a replacement phone from ebay or kijiji. You can even get one from the US that is not available in Canada.
    TELUS... The Future IS Friendly, just not yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12