Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

With the concept of Trinity in mind - does "Christ alone is God"/"Jesus

alone is God" make sense? I know the Triune God is in 3 persons - 1 God - but does the statement "Christ alone is God" mean that; or does it mean that there is just one member of the Godhead, and that person is Jesus.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing about religion makes sense. There is no god and Jebus never existed. Time to grow up.

Junior Member Flamingskullofjustice's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah, the trinity idea is silly. But if you go from 'trinity is silly' to 'Islam is legit', you've missed the point. I know you didn't mention Islam but whenever someone attacks the trinity (which I'm not even sure you're doing) I get defensive which is weird b/c I'm an atheist.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The natural mind understands not the things of the Spirit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a very interesting topic.

With theology of Trinity in mind, "Christ/Jesus alone is God" does not make sense, it is because Christ could never be alone, and that “Christ alone” would never happened (as far as I know), even the years when he became in human form, He still is God and in Trinity God.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Father In Me, I in The Father, WE Are One, The Father Loves The Son, a Son Remains Forever, Remain in Me for this is to The Glory of The Father that You bear much fruits in being fruitful and multiply and increasing on the earth and subduing it which is the blessing given to Adam and Eve in all the various produce types, gifts, and glories.

I AM who (or what or among or in) I AM. Among the peoples as Medad and Eldad with wisdoms in the council of the elders and peoples, nations, and languages.

The trinity was introduced among the 'wisdoms' from before as a logical grecko egyptio horace type thinking, however, however knowldege puffs up; but Love edifies is written.

For The Body of Christ is One, the first born among many brethern from among the dead in hades and The Resurrection and The Life of All peoples; that they may be One as We are One and that the Love whereby You Love Me may In Them, and that they may have Your Spirit poured out to guide them into all truths; the Kingdom of God among the peoples, nations, and languages.

In This Light there are many more stars among 3...

Downloads
    Uploads
    You cannot comprehend the infinite with a finite mind. Discuss it all you want and you'll NEVER get there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jesus was God and God was Jesus. Think of H2O it can be water steam and ice all three forms and names but the same molecule. Many verses prove all three are really different forms.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born to us a son is given and the government will be on his shoulders and he will be called Wonderful Counsellor Mighty God Everlasting Father Prince of Peace

The Son everyone knows is Jesus, but he is also Everlasting Father and God Almighty both names only usable for God the Father this Shows they are in fact the same.

He is also Counsellor let's compare to John 14:26 see who is called Counsellor

But the Counsellor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name will teach you all things and wil remind you of everything I have said to you.

This prove that Jesus is the same God as the Father and God the Holy Spirit

Jesus himself even said he was God the Father in John 8:58-59
    I tell you the truth Jesus answered before Abraham was born I Am! At this they picked up stones to stone him but Jesus hid himself slipping away from the temple grounds.

The reason they were going to stone him is I Am is a name for God the Father given in Exodus 3:14
    God said I Am Who I Am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I Am has sent me to you.

Also Jesus is not the first time God appeared as a man in the Flesh an example is Genesis 18

Downloads
    Uploads
    The concept of Trinity cannot be made sensible. Things that are the same cannot be different. Things that are different cannot be the same. There is a God. There is a Holy Spirit that people feel. There is a Son of God. They are different.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1) There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Corinthians 8:4; Galatians 3:20; 1 Timothy 2:5).

2) The Trinity consists of three Persons (Genesis 1:1, 26; 3:22; 11:7; Isaiah 6:8, 48:16, 61:1; Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14). In Genesis 1:1, the Hebrew plural noun "Elohim" is used. In Genesis 1:26, 3:22, 11:7 and Isaiah 6:8,

In Isaiah 48:16 and 61:1, the Son is speaking while making reference to the Father and the Holy Spirit. Compare Isaiah 61:1 to Luke 4:14-19 to see that it is the Son speaking. Matthew 3:16-17 describes the event of Jesus' baptism. Seen in this passage is God the Holy Spirit descending on God the Son while God the Father proclaims His pleasure in the Son. Matthew 28:19 and 2 Corinthians 13:14 are examples of three distinct Persons in the Trinity.

3) The members of the Trinity are distinguished one from another in various passages. In the Old Testament, “LORD” is distinguished from “Lord” (Genesis 19:24; Hosea 1:4). The LORD has a Son (Psalm 2:7, 12; Proverbs 30:2-4). The Spirit is distinguished from the “LORD” (Numbers 27:18) and from “God” (Psalm 51:10-12). God the Son is distinguished from God the Father (Psalm 45:6-7; Hebrews 1:8-9). In the New Testament, Jesus speaks to the Father about sending a Helper, the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17). This shows that Jesus did not consider Himself to be the Father or the Holy Spirit. Consider also all the other times in the Gospels where Jesus speaks to the Father. Was He speaking to Himself? No. He spoke to another Person in the Trinity—the Father.

4) Each member of the Trinity is God. The Father is God (John 6:27; Romans 1:7; 1 Peter 1:2). The Son is God (John 1:1, 14; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 5:20). The Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4; 1 Corinthians 3:16).

All three are God there would be no God if anyone of the three were missing each are subordinate to one another..The Son obeys the Father the Holy Spirit obey the Father and Son...they are the same yet they are distinct and play different roles in the redemption of those chose to accept the atonement.. So Yes Jesus is distinct from the role of the Father as the Holy Spirit is distinct from the Role of the Son and the Father yet they make ONE GOD

.The individual members of the Trinity have different tasks. The Father is the ultimate source or cause of the universe (1 Corinthians 8:6; Revelation 4:11); divine revelation (Revelation 1:1); salvation (John 3:16-17); and Jesus' human works (John 5:17; 14:10). The Father initiates all of these things.

The Son is the agent through whom the Father does the following works: the creation and maintenance of the universe (1 Corinthians 8:6; John 1:3; Colossians 1:16-17); divine revelation (John 1:1, 16:12-15; Matthew 11:27; Revelation 1:1); and salvation (2 Corinthians 5:19; Matthew 1:21; John 4:42). The Father does all these things through the Son, who functions as His agent.

The Holy Spirit is the means by whom the Father does the following works: creation and maintenance of the universe (Genesis 1:2; Job 26:13; Psalm 104:30); divine revelation (John 16:12-15; Ephesians 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21); salvation (John 3:6; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:2); and Jesus' works (Isaiah 61:1; Acts 10:38). Thus, the Father does all these things by the power of the Holy Spirit.