Where can I leave my dog when I go on my vacations?

D

drbob2k7

My family and I are really considering to get a dog. The only fact we are worried about is where the dog will go when we travel. Our friends said it was all right if our dog can stay with them for a few days. But if we go to India (my relatives live there), we don't know what to do. My parents don't want to take it there and they don't want to leave it in a day care for a month. If the day care is the only option, do you guys know the average price for about a month. A best answer will be chosen.

check out kennels, look around and see how they treat the dogs before you pick one and talk to friends with dogs and see if they can suggest a good kennel

For a month at my kennel, to be out in the daycare, it would be around 550. Some shelters board in their extra kennels, some vets do, some people operate small (two to three dogs) boarding facilities in their homes. Look around. If it is too much, wait until you come back from India (unless this is a regular thing).And I am so happy you guys are thinking about this beforehand!

You may get a discount for a month. But most places put them in a cage for the day. Is there anyway you could pay your friend to watch?

Back